Topographical resources in the US

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I have a lot of trouble traveling - finding routes in the US that avoid the most elevation changes. My ears are really sensitive and I can't do plugs beacuse I also have patulous eustachian tube along with ETD. Both conditions are impacted by elevation changes. Any thoughts on the flattest routes to California? I've been living in NYC and my route to the midwest has been typically taking the Lake Shore train that goes out of it's way and follows the lake, but does anyone have any thoughts on the plateau region that borders NY and PA? I thought this might be  useful discussion for others as well. I'm going crazy looking at topographical maps and zooming in on routes via Google maps. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have you thought of asking your ENT for grommets to relieve both ETD and PET while travelling?
    • Posted

I've seen 8 ENTs and no one has even offered it. From what I've heard; it could make PET worse? I really don't want that, so I'm at a loss. I've altered my whole life around these disorders. Have you seen success with PET and tubes? 

• Posted

No, I just know it is used for both. Not sure how successful it is for PET though x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.