Breast lump

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello I am 21 years old and I have a lump in my left breast slightly larger then a grape. I didn't say anything for a while because I was scared to go to the doctor. Recently I had an ultrasound and the doctor said from the pictures it looks benign but she wants to do an biopsy to be 100 percent sure. Ive been depressed, panicking, and crying I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions ?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I just went threw a similar scare,  had my first mamagram and it came back with a dense spot,  did the ultrasound a few days later and had to wait again for the results.  The waiting is the hardest part.  Lol I phoned my shrink and asked him for something to calm my nerves.  He did and it really helped,  as for the results I worried myself sick over a cyst.  

I am am sure like my dr your dr is just being extra careful,  I was told most of the time these things are nothing.  When is your apointment for you biopsy?  

• Posted

Ok you have five more days, did the dr tell you how long before you get the test results?  I know how nerve wracked you must be but is possible for your dr to prescribe a tranquilizer for the time frame?
    • Posted

Naw they didn't tell me how long the results would take I was expecting to learn all that information when I get the biopsy done. But the tranquilizer sounds loke a good idea...what type of cyst did you have in your breast ?

• Posted

It was just a reg Bennie cyst only 3mm in size.  I don't have to have another mamagram for 3 years.  I am 50 that's when they start taking them so was I ever scared when they found something.  You are so young, I am sure it's nothing but I can't convince you till your dr gives you the thumbs up in a few days.  It wouldn't hurt just to ask for a few pills nothing major you don't want to get addicted.🇨🇦

• Posted

I don't know if it's of any help but many years ago, on two separate occasions, I had breast "lumps" examined.  One was a small moveable one that was given the cute name of breast mouse, not anything to worry about and was cut out there and then and never returned. The other was a bigger lump that the consultant stuck a needle into and was able to draw off some mucky fluid. It was a cyst and also never returned.  I was told that it was good that stuff had come out because it's more sinister if it doesn't.  Perhaps the same thing will happen with the biopsy.  I remember walking away from the hospital and crying with relief and hopefully you will be able to do the same because I know that the waiting is the worst bit.

• Posted

I hope so too 😉 thank you so much for commenting I really appreciate you I have been so worried....it feels so good to talk to people who have been through similar situations

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.