My cycle is all messed up. Any tips?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've  had a very regular cycle for about 5 years until about this time last year. (28 day cycle, start on Monday, bleed 5 days, spot 2 days, 21 days off then start again)  For 6 months the timing of my cycle stayed mostly the same.  I bled excessivle for the first 2 days then spotted 3-5 days.  I still had 3 weeks without bleeding before my next period.  About 3 months ago, the timing got all messed up.  My last period cycle was 6 weeks-35 days without, 7 days of bleeding.  My PMS symptoms started a few weeks before the bleeding and lasted until the bleeding started.  My period ended 1 week ago and PMS symptoms (bloating, hunger, cravings, cramps, cranky, etc.) has already started.  If my cycle didn't get messed up this would have been the week before my period, the week my PMS would have started.  Is it possible that my body is trying to get back on it's original cycle?  Does anyone have any idea what I can do?

I'm not on birth control and have no intention of starting it again.  I don't like what the hormones do to my personality and mood.    I haven't been to an OB-GYN but my general practitioner has done extensive blood work and there's nothing abnormal in that. If you have any natural suggestions I'd really appreciate it.  

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

How old are you ?
    • Posted

First Happy early Birthday!

Second you have reached that age where your menstrual cycle is changing. I started about your age too. I'm 45 now. Your periods get crazy. Sometimes longer sometimes shorter cycle times. As well as longer or shorter, heavier or lighter bleeding days. Your hormones are just starting to change. It's nothing alarming just annoying. No worries. Again Happy Birthday

• Posted

I'm not hating the longer cycle but the bloating and cramping is SO uncomfortable! Any tips to relieve that?

• Posted

If you drink Caffeine try cutting it out. Try not hang too much sodium either. A lot more water will flush the system and 4 Advil every 6 hours for cramps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.