MRI picture lumbar spine

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having back and leg pain for nearly 7 weeks now. I had an MRI through BUPA on wednesday and they gave me the images on disc to bring away. I am not seeing my consultant until Monday to hear what they report on the MRI. Its driving me potty not knowing! Does anyone think this looks like a slipped disc!?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I do and it's hard to tell by looking at this, I don't understand why they give people images b4 explain what's what. Good Luke

• Posted

I know right! I have a cd with hundreds of images on! So obviously curiosity got the best of me, and I have been looking at them on my laptop!! I should probably stop, but I was so curious lol! In so much pain right now though! And I was curious if anyone else had seen their MRI pics! 
    • Posted

I've seen quite few of mine . But I'd would not like to guess with yrs as am no doctor, yrs dosnt look right ?

• Posted

Yea I know no ones qualified in here. Just opinions I'm after really! Do you mean it doesn't look "normal"!? the more I look at them all the more weird it all looks lol x

• Posted

Hi Sarah have u got any photos of the other angle so u can see your spine and all your discs? I was going to put my picture of my mri on here which shows my herniated disc to show you but don't know how to do it?

• Posted

Hi Debbie. I do yes but they're not very clear! I'm on my phone now too, so I'll try later when I get home on my laptop!

Thanks!

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I've had excruciating lower back pain and leg pain. The leg pain was worse than the back pain. It went down my left buttock, back of thigh and back of knee. I had an MRI scan in December..saw the spinal team 4 weeks ago..and having an operation in 10 days time. Mine is a prolapsed L5/S1 disc and L4. It also showed I have Degenerative Disc Disease. The leg pain is from the L5/S1 pinching the sciatic nerve. Obviously yours may be different.. but I can sympathise with you..as I know how awful the pain is. Hope you get seen soon and find out what's causing it xx

• Posted

This is what my issue is. Al be having my next op soon. Spinal fusion and discectomy . I've already had one emergency op 2013 for discectomy decompression on l4/l5 as those 2 disc s had collapsed and burst. I also have fibromyalgia and a few other things . But I totally sympathise the pain is debilitating and quality of life crap. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Sarah I worked it out 😀 this is a picture of my spine, as you can see the discs at the bottom are different than the ones above, the gel has come out of the discs which is why they are black and it has broken through into the spinal canal, I have a large herniated disc, the ones above are normal, hope this helps

• Posted

Ouch. You poor thing! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to try to stop diagnosing myself lol. I only have to wait until Monday morning to see my surgeon!! Xx

• Posted

That's ok and I know, it was very painful at one point for quite a while, but it's all good at the moment (fingers crossed). And your right there's no point in worrying yourself when there's probably nothing wrong, which is what I always do lol, google everything which is a silly thing to do 😂 (Anyway good luck on Monday, hope it goes well,  let us know how you get on x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.