Eye Problem and really really scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello

I'm 19 years old and last month I went to my opthalmologist for eye checkup and was diagnosed with myopia of -1.0 in left eye and -0.5 in right eye. She prescribed glasses which I started wearing but now I've started seeing rainbow like structure behind tube lights when I see them from a distance and also around very bright white lights. I have gone to her and my pressure was okay and she also said that my eye was very healthy but it could be the prismatic effect. Now I don't know what to do is it permanent?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello

I'm 19 years old and last month I went to my opthalmologist for eye checkup and was diagnosed with myopia of -1.0 in left eye and -0.5 in right eye. She prescribed glasses which I started wearing but now I've started seeing rainbow like structure behind tube lights when I see them from a distance and also around very bright white lights. I have gone to her and my pressure was okay and she also said that my eye was very healthy but it could be the prismatic effect. Now I don't know what to do is it permanent?

• Posted

Hi I'm 20 years old. I have the same symptoms as you. Last week I started seeing rainbow halos around lights especially at night. Since then I have been to 2 different opticians as I'm worried about my eye health. They have both no idea why I am seeing rainbow halos around lights as my eyes are very healthy. The outcome is I needed my first pair of

Prescription glasses as I'm short sighted ( left eye 0.75 & right 0.25) and I also have an astigmatism. However i still don't know why I am seeing rainbow halos around lights x

• Posted

It's quite possible that either dry eye or astigmatism is causing these symptoms. Does your prescription include a cylindrical power in addition to your spherical power because that is the power needed to correct astigmatism. Mine doesn't but sometimes if the astigmatism is mild they do not prescribe the glasses. I'm gonna start with the eye drops and see if the symptoms are getting worse over time. Also, my symptoms showed up after a month of wearing the prescribed specs so I'm not gonna wear those too to see if that helps.

Let's see what happens x

• Posted

Hmmm yes, but surely more people would be experiencing this symptom as a lot of people have dry eyes and astigmatisms?

Yes, I'll list below what my prescription includes:

Left -

SPH: 0.75

CYL: 0.25

AXIS: 105.0

I've always started using 'Sustane lubricant eye drops' aswell to see whether this makes a difference.

I mentioned the rainbow halos to the opticians but as my eyes seemed heathy neither of them seemed concerned.

What are you going to do now? Just see how it goes?

Right -

SPH: 0.25

CYL: 0.25

AXIS: 95.0

• Posted

Yes I'm gonna wait at least till June to see if they are getting worse over time. Idk how bad your condition is but mine I think is manageable for 5 months after which I would go for another eye checkup and if the problem has persisted I would mention it to my opthalmologist and get a clear idea of what's going on.

Will also try to stay away from things stressing my eyes and not worry about them all the time because anxiety just makes stuff worse for me. Hope it gets better smile

• Posted

Hi, just to give you an update… On Saturday I went to an eye clinic at the Hospital.  I explained my symptoms (rainbow halos around light sources etc.). They dilated my pupils so they could see the back on my eye clearly. Yet again the Ophthalmologist  couldn’t find anything wrong. Everyone is scratching their heads so confused as to why I am experiencing these symptoms. So they are going to book me in with a consultant in 4-6 weeks’ time for his opinion. Has anything changed with you? 
    • Posted

Hi

No change in symptoms but I've had some additional things going on so I've booked an appointment with a different opthalmologist mid March. I'm now also experiencing glare from the sun's reflection on cars etc with rays coming out of it which also seem rainbow coloured (I HATE RAINBOWS!! 😡wink and also spikes from headlight which are, you guessed it, rainbow!! So I'm going and getting all of this checked out let's see what happens smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.