Advice please

Posted , 5 users are following.

My Doctor wants to put me on cypralex, I am so afraid to try them. I seem to have bad reactions to any anti depressants. They prescribe them and I don't take them for fear that I will lose control or have suasidal thoughs. I feel being anxious about taking them will just create symtoms. Am I alone here or has anyone else been through this. I want to get better so bad but I am so afraid to try the drug.. Advice please 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Do you actually fear that you will commit suicide? Or is it just a negative thought that the anxiety is creating?

I am going through anxietyi right now also I have just received a lot of good advice. In Your state right now you are having these irrational thoughts and why wouldn't you be? Your mind is tired your body is tired and you need a break. Take things day by day.

You have nothing to lose by trying this. If it doesn't work it doesn't work for what you been doing up until now has not worked

• Posted

Hi Chantal

. Your defiantly not alone, this is just how I felt I was so fearful of the drug killing me or making me some how lose control that I tried to get though without and ended up feeling so bad that I took my prescription not caring if it did kill me.

Take it from someone who has been right where you are now and take the proscription its the best decision I made and I'm sure you will feel the same way. God bless you x

• Posted

Not sure when you posted Chantal but anything is so much better than feeling anxious , I wasn't aware of how horrible it was for me till my meds kicked in , I'm on 10 mg cipralex

• Posted

I really had horrible experiences with anti depressants. I didn't take them. I went to a psychiatrist today who now prescribed Prestiq 50 mg. I am still afraid to try them , I am trying natural stuff first like vitamine d, magnesium and acupuncture. I do not have suicidal thoughts just severe anxiety. It's a real paranoia of pills i have . I know I should take them and try but I get panicked just thinking about it

• Posted

Me too! That's where I'm at! I had been on escitalopram for years and did ok, no side effects that I was aware of. But then began to notice that if I missed a couple of doses, I'd have an anxiety attack about 4-5 hours after taking it. But not every time. But back in Nov. I tried to get back on it after my dad passed and I had hardcore anxiety, heart palpitations, loss if appetite and other stuff. I was recently (in early Feb.) re-prescribed tge same med at 5mg, every other day. I haven't taken it yet because I'm so afraid of the possibility of having the anxiety get so much worse. It has been bad twice this week without taking anything other than Xanax. If I knew for a fact that I wouldn't have any adverse effects, I'd take it no problem. But I just am so nervous to take it. I totally know how you feel! I'm like a big walking question mark, because I don't know what to do that's best for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.