Gay male.and the adventures of hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I had my surgery yesterday at 1400. Woke up with a wad of stuffing in my shorts and tape to hold it all down. I had done my research and was prepared for the worst of it. I was given a shot called exparel so far it has significantly managed my pain. I am 24 hours post op now and.still doing ok. The gas build up is the worst. I have taken 4 hot baths and that helps with getting the gas out. I have taken 2 pain pills because of a few.spasms that I got. Have taken 3 colace, 1 glass of fiber and 1 glass of miralax. I have eaten toast and chicken noodle soup without and issue. I still have not had a bm I am guessing that will come tomorrow. I asked my doc for help.with the anxiety over all this and he prescribed .5mg Ativan it has been a God send. My husband has been amazing thus far. I will update again tomorrow. Oh my pain has not gotten above a 5.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

OK so I woke up at 2am massive pressure. Took a bath hot water. It helped for a minute. Decided that I had to poop. Oh God! Here it comes! I couldn't help but push. It was two lumps of I think gauze but the relief afterward was great. I layer in the tub afterward for about 30 mins.took a pain pill and layer down again. Woke up 6 am same pain but didn't need to go. I fell asleep in the bathtub this time. Now just laying in bed contemplating more.drugs other just get through it. Ugh!

• Posted

OK today so far has not been that good. Started off (see early note). Today I have taken 3 baths had 2 BM one was more gauze the second was like bunny turds that felt like dynamite each time one came out. All of this while sitting in water in the bathtub. Call me gross but I am unable to squat over the toilet and quiteven frankly the water feels amazing. I took.a nap from about 1230 to 3 and.woke to.one of the worst spasm I have had yet. I took some ibuprofen got it the warm tub farted a couple times and got out. The pain was intense.I'd say a 7 out of 10 this time. I rocked back and.forth head.down.ass up. The hubs came to check on me and just held me and let me cry. I think his presence helped me calm down and the spasm subsided. Now I am eating chicken with rice.and broccolI. More to follow. Remember everyone is strong and can do this.

• Posted

OK I pooped for real for real. Pain level 7 out of 10. Hot bath. Check. Pain medication and 2 colace check. Jug of water check. Holy Satan's balls of fire! The spasm can stop now please!

• Posted

250am lord help me. I was up at 1230 with the fury of the miralax river. Took a bath calmed the manhole back down. 215am hits I am up again thinking I have to pee and mudslide Metamucil hits me. This nailed me I just got out of the tub. My spasm is insane the lidocaine jelly don't work with a damn. Ice packs seem to melt the mountain top but there are still smoldering get ashes underneath. Tomorrow's plan reduce miralax and colace take fiber. Twice a day. Oh may lord! I can see the white light or is it just spots cause I am still in pain (6 out of 10) from what just happened.

• Posted

1050am God I think the meds kicked and knocked me out around 7 finally. There is one area I had to hold ice on till it was numb. Now everything hurts. There is no way in this day and age that they have not come up with a less painful way to eliminate these this for good. Doc says don't take pain meds if I don't take pain meds I want to put my head through a wall. If I do take them and all the extras to keep my bowel going it feels like I am split in two. Day 3 oh joy. Pain 6 out of 10

• Posted

Day 6 well I got up showered shaved pooped in the shower (sorry the water was hot and I was comfortable) I haven't taken a percocet since yesterday. Changed to ibuprofen 800 3 times a day. I have a new cream! Wait let me back up. Monday was horrible I don't mean painful bad I mean spasm bad they would not stop! I called my doctor he called in a cream that is a God sent cream! Thank you thank you thank you! Yesterday was good. I moved around more took a few baths ate things drank more water than a Olympic sized swimming pool holds. I SLEPT I slept for 6 hours I woke up not knowing what to do this morning. I called my mom and chatted and start some laundry (I am out of undies and towels). I feel good today. I'd say pain is a 1ish more pressuresish. I think there is a stitch still bothering me but I am good. I go back to work next Tuesday so hopefully all is well. That's all for now. Have a wonderful day people!

• Posted

Day 8: well I think it is safe to say the worst is over. Yesterday was an OK day. I didn't sleep much Wednesday night but I stayed awake all day and only took ibuprofen 600 every 5 hours. I pooped around 8pm which was a little harder than I would have liked it to be but it passed I took a bath and one Valium and went to bed. Sleep for 6 hours thank god. Today I fixed a TV that fell off the wall and broke and replaced it with a different one. No I did not purposely do it the screw decided it was tired and broke. Anywho my husband and I started drywalling our basement ceiling and it needed muddled and taped. I am doing it! It's not to bad I still have one spot that is aggravating me on my bum but more irritation than anything. I would say I am doing well. Looking forward to going back to work tuesday. Have a great weekend folks supposed to be beautiful here in Kansas city!

• Posted

I wouldn't take the Ativan, benzos destroy the CNS, I'm 32 months off them and still have CNS/immune system and other issues.  They destroy the gaba receptors in brain.  Check out benzo buddies. org

• Posted

It takes less than a week to get the CNS gaba receptors damaged by them, I know ppl on that wall I told you about that are 2-4 yrs out and still suffering from these poison pills.  I wish someone had warned me.  Go check out benzo buddies .org as I said.  It's shocking.  I'm living in my hell after 32 months off them.  I wouldn't wish this on anyone.  Please don't take them.

• Posted

I thank you for your concern. I have been in Healthcare for going on 12 years as a nurse. I am well aware of the risks associated with ativan usage. I have spoken with my doctor and we both agreed that short term use would be fine. I do not I repeat for not take narcotic medication of anyour kind usually. I had to have my eye socket reconstructed after an accident and was on Lortab for about 2 days. I do not like how I feel or how I respond to people when I am on them. However in this case with me being a bottom gay male I was extremely concerned with how sex would be after this. So far I have taken only 2 of these pills and one was before the surgery one after when I was about to poop and felt it coming and got extremely scared. I know my limits and I know what is best for me. Again I thank you for your concern.
    • Posted

What was the miracle cream your dr have you I am 3 days out from hemorrhoidectomy and it's the spasms that kill me, the lido 5% does nothing to help them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.