Dry red blood cells

Posted , 5 users are following.

My blood tests have come back showing that I have dry red blood. I'm stage 4 my gfr is between 21 to 19 on a bad day. Also having really high liver profile reading and I don't drink alcohol. My consultant wanted to do a herpes and hiv bloods and lots more test today. I'm a straight lady been happily married 32yr no infidelity on either side. Can anybody explain the red blood test and the rest.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I dont have the technical answers you are looking for. I do know that hepatitis and other diseases can be autoimmune in nature. It sounds to me like your physician is being very thorough and that's what we all want. Try not to be anxious about the types of tests. Thye are run on anyone with your symptoms. Talk to your doctor when the results come in. Can I ask you what is "dry blood"?

• Posted

What do you mean dry red blood test ? 

GFR is really low, which means there is kidney dysfunction. 

Herpes and HIV is not important at this point. What about the kidney function, any treatment plan ?

• Posted

Gayle, it sounds like you are having a miserable time.  I have never heard of dried red blood cells.  I'm assuming that you are in the hands of a nephrologist.  Tests for HIV etc are routine if they suspect an autoimmune disease which can be triggered by a virus.  I went through all of these tests after diagnosis, which only came after a kidney biopsy.  They never determined what was the cause, which they call idiopathic (unknown cause).  I had treatment with some chemo drugs and prednisone and now I am in remission.  The side effects from the drugs are what I'm dealing with now.  I can live with these.

• Posted

Hi,

I have never heard of dry red blood cells? Your liver results can be put out of sinc by certain meds though.  I was on MMF an antirejection drug and it had to be changed as my liver results (all 3 of them ) went through the roof as my liver just couldn't process or cope with it.  After changing drugs they are all back within the limits now.  Are you on any meds as all sorts of things can affect blood results.  Don't worry about the HIV etc tests they sometimes run them as a matter of course.  You may have hepititus and that could be why your liver results are up.  Any one can get this you don't have to be in any sterio type groups.  Before I started dialysis I had to have an injection to prevent this every month for 3 months and then every quarter for a bit as you are near blood.  I would ask your doctor to explain what dry red blood cells are and please do come back and let us know I for one would be really interested to know what that is.  Good luck

• Posted

Thanks Helen for your advice and I will get back to you about the dry red blood cells.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.