Are these costo symptoms

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, have posted before and still going round in circles trying to work out whether my symptoms are heart or costo. I have been diagnosed with costo and GP convinced there is nothing wrong with heart and say's that my palpitations etc are symptoms, but symptoms of what ? These are my problems

?Deep pain in centre of chest, which moves side to side

Palpitations and flutters

?Chest wall painful (Costo)

Pain in back centre

?I feel like I am buzzing in chest area, above and below breasts like a mobile is vibrating, I feel a bit dizzy sometimes as well

?Sudden flip feeling in chest then I go hot and a bit panicky

?Pain under left arm going to side of chest

?Could the inflammation from costo cause al these symptoms.  GP is sending me to palitations clinic to convince me there is nothing wrong with heart, I suspect she is right but that could be months and I really need to get to the bottom of this for my sanity.  Cannot take ibuprofen so stuck with just paracetamol which really does not help.  Any thoughts appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi youngatheart.  I just joined this forum today so I'm of no help at this point.  I'm sure your doctor knows what she's doing but I want to let you know I have a lot of heartfelt sympathy for you. Just take one hour at a time if you can and have faith in your doctor.  I know what you mean regarding your sanity.  I, myself at am at my wit's end but I just keep chugging along.  I look at my 85 year old Mom whom I'm also taking care of and I'm learning through her to be a trooper.  She's had quadruple bypass at 85 and is slowly going downhill now.  She's in immense pain herself. Be careful regarding your dizzness.  You do not want to fall and injure yourself further.  I know, in the meantime while medical professionals get to the bottom of this, your going nuts. You will be in my heart and spirit.

• Posted

Hi Chris thanks for your kind words.  I think the problem for me is googling, I need to stop and focus on other things.  You are very caring to look after your Mum, The dizziness is a nuisance but I am taking each day as it comes and hoping that things will sort themselves out in the end.  Take care
  • Posted

Hi, I have had very similar symptoms to yours on and off for several years. I went to A&E thinking I was having a heart attack, I have heart disease in my family which made me more nervous. I suffer from anxiety too which makes everything seem worse. The doctor linked the palpitations I was having to my hormones, but I am still not convinced. I have a hiatus hernia which gives me symptoms of pain in my shoulder blades and breast bone area too. This is linked to the food I eat so I try to control my diet . My pain is helped by having my shoulder blad s rubbed which my poor long suffering partner does for me. I sympathise with the chest pain and feel for you because it is difficult to get a doctor to listen sometimes. It is very scary having chest pain and not having a concrete explanation for it.

• Posted

Hi Gillian, I too have been to A&E on a number of occasions and had many tests, which I why I do believe it probably is not heart related.  I have arthirits in neck and now costocondritis and when I took some paracetamo,l the buzzing and pain felt a lot less, which made me wonder if the inflammation from costo was causing it.  My GP is a real pain as she says there is nothing wrong with your heart, palpitations are a sympton, yes I said, but a symptom of what to which she did not reply and just shrugged.  Take care

• Posted

Hello I too have felt many of the symptoms that you have presented . Sternum soreness , palpitations , fluttering etc . My gp didn't think it was heart related after a few tests . Yet , he never said Costo neither.

I went to a rheumatologist who ordered some

Inflammation marker tests . I have been symptom free for a few weeks thanks God , but this forum

Does help to find answers that many doctors may not have .

• Posted

Hi Simone, yes gp's are not always helpful. Mine certainly isn't.  When you say inflammation marker is that CRP, mine was 26 last time and 16 before that. GP said that is ok as I have arthritis.  Glad you are pain free, did you take anything to make this happen or did it just settle on it's own.  Thanks

• Posted

Hi! I am so sorry you are suffering.  I am almost 71 and I had bad chest pains.  Went to a cardologist and did all the stress tests, etc.  My Primary doc (who is #1 Young Doctor in the State of Florida) said, well, if it is not your heart (I have a huge history of family heart attacks) then there is only one thing left. He mashed around my chest and I hollared. He said I had Tietze Syndrome (which is like costo). It is a NORD recored disease whihc is rare.  Not much you can do for it but take 2000mg of Tumeric a day.  Then I discovered Bulletproof coffee. You take organic coffee and add grassfed butter and coconut oil, or XCT or MCT to it, and then forth it. I just use my regular blender which can handle hot drinks.  I have been on it for a few weeks - but the first day I tried it, it worked. It has removed most of my Tietze pain and my fibromyalia pain. I am also on the diet it gives you along with the coffee. XCT is Distilled from 100% pure coconut oil, tasteless, orderless.  Make sure you take all the heart tests needed. Then if all is fine, start taking Tumeric and put grassfed butter (Kerrygold Unsalted) in everything you eat.  I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Cindy, funny you mention tumeric my sister also has arthritis and has started taking tumeric pills which she says help, so I will be getting some of those.  My GP said mine was Tietze/Costo and like you my chest is so painful when I press.  Thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.