Tips for losing weight

Posted , 5 users are following.

Five weeks ago I reached 18 stone and determined to do something.  I started a diet diary, essential pice of kit to aid you in weight loss and in that is penned every morsel or sup that I take in, I get on my exercise bike three or four, three with a half hour walk, four times a week, and I've bought a smart watch which I am getting help from someone who already has one to use, as it measures calorific intake, amongst other things.

I've also discovered, weight watchers bread, reduced sugar jam, quorn - had that for a long time but there are so many varieties for veggies these days, ciabatta crackers by jacobs, fat free but tasty yogurts, and leerdammer light cheese, all of these things have been instrumental in my losing 10lb over the 5 weeks, and I hope to lose some more.

I don't know if any of this helps, oh, I also do exciting smoothies and cook veg and pulse based meals from scratch, feel free to message me for any recipes which may help you, good luck everyone, I know its hard but keep trying.

Fiona

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, the smart watch measures calories burnt, we are not yet advanced enough to measure intake, at least not yet lol x
  • Posted

So just to update you, whatever methodology I am using seems to be working as on top of the 10lb lost over five weeks, I got on this morning and I've lost a further 4lb!!  So thats a whole stone lighter I am now, in six weeks, so I'm losing about 2 1/3 lb a week at that rate, I make it, hope you can join my success story, and again, please feel free to message me for recipes and tips on what foods are making this one, take care, Fiona

• Posted

Incidentally, just to reiterate, even if you are very big, overweight, like me at 18 stone,its not impossible, I've lost a whole stone and am now 17, another 7 weeks and I hope to lose a stone more, will keep you posted as I feel it does encourage others to see how someone losing is doing and how they are going about it. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.