Am I being bit or is this a hive or something else?

Posted , 2 users are following.

For about two weeks I have been waking up with 1-3 itchy spots per night. They itch for 3+ days then eventually go away, but they are relentlessly appearing and it's maddening. I have thought bedbugs or perhaps stress hives, but with no signs of bugs and from browsing pictures hives don't seem to match either. I am trying to add pictures to show progression.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

All of the pictures I am posting were taken on the same morning. Day one starts with a rash like red spot, kinda big and blotchy. One is the underside of my right arm, the other is the side of my left palm.
  • Posted

Day two shows a more defined spot, bright red and mostly flat. One on my face and one on my stomach. As you can see, they are all over.
  • Posted

Day three, on my hip and upper thigh.... bruising is very severe here compared to what I usually see. I do not know if this is caused by some sort of venom in a bite, or from the scratching, or something different all together. At this point the itching is less.
  • Posted

Days 3 and older will not upload, but they are on my knuckle, knee, lower calf.... the bruising subsides and there is a pinhead red dot left at the very end. I have suffered most of these "bites" on my arms and legs, but have had them on my face and wrists as well.

• Posted

No, doesnt look like bed bug bites,which usually occurr in clusters of three.   Has your diet changed lately?. Could this be an allergic reaction to something you are eating or in contact with?  Any recent changes to your environment? Any medication?      I know someone who breaks out like this when they eat chocolate.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.