is this a bartholin cyst?

Posted , 3 users are following.

There is a tiny pimple like thing on my labia near the entrance of my vagina. It is really really small. It hurts slightly when I touch it. It isn't under that skin, its pretty much on top of the skin. I noticed it yesterday, it hasn't gotten bigger. Could this be a bartholin cyst or just a pimple? I'm really worried. I could provide a picture if anyone can help. 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It may just be a sebaceous cyst...I get them often and had a Bartholin cyst which doesn't hurt unless infected

• Posted

Is there treatment needed for sebaceous cysts, assuming this is one? I have really severe health anxiety and I keep worrying this is going to get worse lol.
    • Posted

Hi Lara

Try not to have stress over it.....Maybe go see your gyno to confirm what it is ....try a sitz bath with warm water and epson salt .....that is probably what dr wil say if there's no infection ...I had a bartholin cyst and had the surgery which was susceesful but now suffer from sebaceous cysts ...my gyno thinks it's just a skin thing that i keep getting ...they are annoying and hurt

Hope this helps

😀

• Posted

Hi Lara I just read that you had a successful surgery, are you talking about the gland removal or is it something else? I'm wondering because I am fed up with this Bartholin cyst that's making my life a living hell. I hate my life right now, this isn't a way to live. I just had another drained in the ER it got to the size of a tennis ball I'm not exaggerating. I really want this stupid thing outta me. I'm just so scared.

• Posted

Hi Mary

I'm the one who had the marsuplization...this isn't the surgery that takes the gland out ...I highly recommend the marsuplization as it worked so far for me ...I'm dealing with just sebaceous cysts now they are so annoying

😀

Renee

• Posted

Hi Mary

One more comment...I never had it drained the bartholin cyst because it never was absesed I just needed this thing gone

❤Renee

• Posted

Renee thank you for replying. I'm so scared of that one because I looked it up on YouTube. How long was your recovery? Is it painful?

• Posted

Hi Mary

Don't be scared...it's not bad at all ...I live in ny had it done under general Anesthesia in and out don't look things up on internet makes things worse ...I was ok ...I got through it

If u keep getting it drained that's painful just go for the surgery

Renee

• Posted

Thank you and you're right I shouldn't be looking up videos they gave me terrified but the pain that I feel makes me wanna get the gland removed. If they suggest that first I will at least know that it helps. Just the thought of it coming back makes me mad and scared. But thank you so much and I'm happy you had a successful surgery.

• Posted

I know the whole thing stinks

Hope you feel better soon

Renee

• Posted

Hi Mary

Just saw this message

I had it done one year ago

Renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.