Tietze syndrome or costochondritis ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hey everyone.

I'm new here, I was just diagnosed last year with costochondritis. I've had fibromyalgia for years. I think both are linked. I sometimes wonder if I have been misdiagnosed, I do have permanent swelling over certain areas around my ribcage and chest , and as far as I'm aware with costochondritis there's no swelling ?. Does anyone else have this problem ?..it took months to diagnose me and I felt the g.p's felt I was wasting their time and I was paranoid. They couldn't see or feel swelling but I know my own body and its Defo there..very frustrating as I feel they have misdiagnosed me ...any info and advice would be of much help thanx in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynn,

Ive had Costro for over a year now. Diet definitely helps. I eliminated sugar by like 90%. Also I went to rheumatologist to rule out any auto immune diseases. Ive since developed a rapid heart beat, but Im on a low dose of beta blockers and that did the trick. When Im up to it I try to take short walks and also see a counselor to relieve stress which definitely affects this condition. A med called Neurontin hrelps alot as well as soft ice packs. Hang in there. This condition is not life threatening..Thank God. Just very stressful at times. But once you rule out all the bad stuff, puts your mind alittle more at ease!!!!  smile smile smile 

• Posted

Thank you grace ! Yea stress immediately gives me pain. I will try a low sugar diet hopefully this will help ..regards lynn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.