Hey, i need some help about epidemiology

Posted , 4 users are following.

all the books now says that denemark rate with the  highest incidence of hip fracture

Denmark 574/100,000 ??? how is it calculated?

can i understand from this how many fractures per year? 

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I can't help with your specific queston, but I did get an interesting tidbit, which is that the incidence of hip fracture is ten times higher amonst institutionalized seniors than people who are still living in their own home.  So I suggest that exercise is really important!

• Posted

So that means 32664 people suffer a hip fracture per year on last years population as far as I can tell, UK figures last year were 65000

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.