Swollen Lymph Nodes; scalp acne, hair loss and generalized itching.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had these swollen glands and a handful of other very unpleasant symptoms for a couple of years now and my GP can't make head nor tails of it. The glands are mainly on my neck on the hairline and descending to my collar bone. There's a few on my scalp and armpits as well. There associated with really painful scalp acne and diffuse hairloss. This hairloss is sadly not limited to my scalp -- it can affect my eyebrows, eyelashes and pubic area also. Alongside all this is an itching that can occur anywhere on my body and last for several hours. There's no rash that accompanies it. My GP has done a whole battery of tests and apparently I'm completely healthy. My swollen nodes are"shotty" and nothing to be concerned about. The acne on my scalp, once an infection was ruled out was shrugged off and as for the generalized itching, I was prescribed a once-daily antihistamine that's done diddly squat. 

I'm making this post on the offchance anyone else is experiencing these symptoms and has some advice. Cheers.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

What test your GP had done for this?  

These swollen lymph nodes are associated with some type of infection?

Even though my lymph nodes are not as extensive as yours, i had swollen lymph nodes under my chin that was attributed to EBV infection.

• Posted

They did a swab of my scalp to see if the acne is caused by an infection. Came back negative. That would also have accounted for the swollen glands. Also ordered a full blood test, all the numbers came back normal apart from slight hypothyroidism. 

Thanks for the reply. 

• Posted

Acne is not the same as swollen lymph nodes. What did they attribute your swollen lymoh nodes to and how are they currently. .  still swollen? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.