I will beat this!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've suffered from bullemia for about five years. I've tried to stop and can usually do it for about a month, but then end up slipping back into my bad habits. I binged then threw up this afternoon but have decided that it is the last time. I am going to get my life back on track and become a healthier and happier me!

I have never told any of my family or friends this, so will be using this forum as support. I am so determined to recover.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I am so proud of you keep positive smile even a relapse doesnt mean you cant do it it measn your strong enough to battle it again. Myabe try and rember some coping startagies you used before to help you recover smile

• Posted

That's great to hear you are fighting back! Keep going you can do this.

Remember that a set-back is not a failure, there are always going to be challenging days. The important thing is how you bounceback after this and learn from it.

You might want to contact the Beat Helpline which is open 7 days a week from 4pm - 10pm.

• Posted

This is where change begins! Change can not happen unless you want it and you clearly want it. Just remember that quitting an addiction or doing anything that requires willpower and effort, will be a rollercoaster! You must brace yourself for tough times ahead, it will not be all roses and daisies but if you are determined then you will come out stronger than ever before!
  • Posted

I hope you are doing well RG123. Bulimia is such a terrible disease which takes control of your life. The very nature of it makes you feel ashamed but you have nothing to be ashamed of. The long term health implications are immense. I hope you are getting the support you need in your recovery. If you tell your GP it will be completely confidential and they will help you to receive the support you need, and give you a medical to determine and treat any problems your bulimia may have caused. It is very hard to do it alone. There are some great online recovery support groups. I would recommend 'Shaye's: Your Bulimua Recovery.' Don't be disheartened by setbacks. You can do this. Just remember your life is worth so much more. I wish you all the best. God bless xxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.