Orlistat Check In Group

Posted , 17 users are following.

I thought I would make a wee group where all of us who have just started recently (or join up later) can come to ask questions and give updates. Saves us all making a new discussion all the time. Feel free to join in...or not! 

Update:

So I am starting day 5 and finally noticing some effects of the pill. No accidents or anything, but I am going to the toilet more regularly (from once every 2-3 days to 2 times PER day). Less transit time means my body will absorb less of it which hopefully = weight loss. I refuse to use the scale until I have done it for at least a week. I don't want obsess over it every day. 

Question:

I was looking over that Norfolk guide suggested but at one point it advised like 5 slices of bread before noon. If I eat 5 slices of bread in any day I will never lose weight..I know some people will start the whole ''calorie is a calorie'' but from a Biological perspective I would highly disagree. Without getting to technical about it I will just say over 14 years I have experiemented enough to know that my body is HIGHLY sensitive to simple carbs (wheat, sugar, potatoes etc). SO my question here is...are any of you guys following a sorta Low carb and low fat approach? By low carb I do not mean fruit/veg, just simple carbs like bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc. 

0 likes, 107 replies

107 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So how do you work out 5% of your weight?
    • Posted

All I've had today is special k and a satsuma then I usually have granary bread with either chicken tuna or egg then a muller light yoghurt then for tea I would have veg potatoes and either chicken or fish fingers and I use my stepper to exercise but I don't eat all the calories that is recommended and what I want to know is that ok what I'm doing if I'm not having all the calories I'm meant to have ??

• Posted

The general advice given is to get an app or go to an online calculator to determine how many calories you need to eat per day to maintain your weight. From that number you can then determine how many calories you can eat depending on your weight loss goals. So -500 calories would = a 1 lb weight loss per week. There are tons of apps and online calulators that do this for you, just put in your weight, height, age, and activity level then tell it how much you want to lose. 

Some people will say you need to eat a minimum of 1200 calories or ''your body will go into starvation mode'' and stuff like that. While your body will slow down to compensate I am not sure how valid that is for people who are ''obese''. If you have weight loss surgery you will end up eating 800-1200 MAX, sometimes less in preparation for the surgery (ie when they have you on the liquid diet). 

I think that if a doctor thinks it is okay for a patient to undergo this kind of diet before, during, and after a major surgery to promote healing and lose weight....that we should be able to do the same to prevent having to have weight loss surgery. BUT you do need to make sure you are getting enough protein for your body, or you will start breaking down your own body muscle. We want to lose our fat, not our muscle. smile

I am also not a doctor, and I don't know if you have any underlying medical conditions (diabetes, anemia, etc). All of that would need to be taken into consideration. Equally you will need to determine if what you are doing is leaving you hungry at the end of the day, because if you are always hungry you may eventually binge. 

• Posted

Does anyone else take any other diet pills with orlistat?
    • Posted

Hi Susan if you don't mind me asking how many mg of thyroxine are you on? I have an underactive thryoid and hope this doesn't affect my progress too much!

• Posted

I've just started orlistat again after 2 years off and having a baby, I lost 5 stone before in a year and can tell you I've never ate so many carbs in my life! The more carbs I ate the more weight I lost! I had 2 slices of bread with each meal, and rice pasta or potatoes with each meal! The weight fell off! Been on the tablets 1 week this time and lost 5lbs first week which for me is slow! I need to keep up the carb intake!

• Posted

Hi I'm new to orlistat any chance you could give me a idea of what you eat in a day?

• Posted

I have special k berries with milk for breaking then for a snack a piece of fruit then for dinner I have granary bread with little bit of marg on and either egg , tuna, chicken with lettuce on then a satsuma for tea it is different every day but generally have chicken or fish
    • Posted

Hi Marta

I have toast or Musli for breakfast

Fruit for snacks throughout the day

Lunch beans on toast, or poached egg on toast, salad, jacket potatoe, salad

Dinner I have chicken pots and veg or stir fry, or fish and noodles/rice, chicken and rice, curries. Rice is very low and fat and very filling.

Jelly or low fat ice cream is good for a pudding or ambrosia low fat rice pudding half a tin 😀

• Posted

Depends what bread you have, I usually have nimble which is really light, check the fat
    • Posted

Thank you how long did it take for you to notice a difference? Just want to do it right I'm on day 3

• Posted

All so do any of you eat any low fat crisps or low fat treats I'm a really savory person so really missing all nice treats

• Posted

I'm only on my 2nd week, I lost 6lb on my first week.

And yes I think snacker jacks are ok, look at wotsits and quavers as they are usually lower in fat 😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.