Gone pink!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

im still waiting for new appointment for biopsy but noticed the area going to clitoris which I put clob on once a week now has gone pink and lost white I presume that's good so feel a bit more optimistic.  I remember last summer the clitoris was tickly and red and felt bruised and white was spreading symetrically either side and now clitoris just looks healthier.  The minora is still not pink but I'm sure not as very white as it was.  I need some optimism at th moment with it all.  Still red and blisterey at fourchette area thoughrolleyes

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That sounds good to me, I'm new to all this but definitely sounds good news. Good luck at your appointment 😊

• Posted

Happy days, that's brilliant news!! Keep up the good work, rub in the steroid for 90 seconds too, that's important. The rest will turn pink again too. Do you spray the area with water after using the loo ? I found that helps with the fourchette. And when its no longer sore I massage it carefully with the steroid and Hydromol so as to stretch it slightly, don't do that till its healed tho. I found it prevented it from tearing, kept it more elastic . So glad you can see improvements, brilliant news x

• Posted

Just struck me, do you know about using a barrier ointment to moisturiser and protect the area from urine, rubbing etc ?
    • Posted

Hi Caroline,

Put thank you you for your advice I've read about spraying in threads. I know this sounds yuk but well we can't say this to people in conversation can we and well no one knows me in person here lol so here goes, when I put ointment on I noticed when I peed wee seem to settle at the fourchette and I wondered if this can make it red there.  Would Vaseline be ok there? it's red there one side further than the other side and has blisters they said I reacted maybe to dermovate plus it is menopause atrophied there and dr said atrophy can cause blisters,I didn't know how innocent Vaseline was to there? I figured maybe spraying would keep it wet but I get it how spraying it gets rid of wee if we dry it.  I'm hoping I caught the white bits early maybe so they've gone skin coloured.  Yeah I agree about stretching there it seems to taught and thin like there is no give in it.  It's not white though x 

• Posted

Hi Sue, you can say anything in here, that's the brilliant thing, we are all in the same boat 😊 No don't use Vaseline, it has Petro Chemicals in it. I use HYDROMOL OINTMENT, its brilliant, completely safe to use. And you've hit it on the head - the wee is exactly what can cause the fourchette to stay sore and then split. Mine used to. I can't guarantee obviously, can only say what happened to me. But when I started using the Hydromol, spraying with water to dilute wee, then dabbing dry - mine went back to normal. It used to split all the time. Once it had healed as I said, I started applying a little pressure and massaging the area with the Dermovate ointment / Hydromol (if you have Dermovate cream change it to OINTMENT Sue, it spreads better and seems to absorb better.) having a barrier cream is really important, it protects and sooths. ( I'm post menopausal as well. ) Hope it works for you. Xx

• Posted

Ok.  It seems to be a certain chemist near me may have it.  Thanks.  I think being a bit urine incontintent amongst all this other post menopause thing maybe is the problem as well and well I'm guilty of not checking in that region till now, I tended to just go for smears and that was it. I tended not to check as I suffer with anxiety and it latches on to things I hate that.   Something that only seems to happen with the stress of having an ailment, I think you and everyone else will understand.  

• Posted

I understand completely. That barrier cream will make a lot of difference hon. Just slap it on and way to go 😉 x

• Posted

Hi Sue,

That does sound really optimistic,

Just seeing the pink ,lifts your mood,

Big hugs xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.