Interested in speaking to people in a similar situation to me/similar current weight/target weight..

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, So I'm 2.5 weeks in and I have lost 5lbs although my weight goes up and down daily!!! I'm 38 years old, 5ft 7" and currently 13 st 13 lbs. I was 14st 4 lbs to start with a BMI of 31. 

I have at least 2 stone to lose before an operation but seem to be struggling..or is the weight that I have lost normal so far? I feel so happy for you all when I read that you have lost the weight so easily on these tablets however, I have to be honest I feel slightly envious as I dont seem to be losing it as easily and wondering where I'm going wrong. I consider myself to eat quite a low fat diet anyway, I do tend to lose my way sometimes but I am by no way near eating lots of fats. I believe my reasoning for being technically 'obese' is because I need to be more active and possibly a hormonal thing. Is there anyone else in a similar situation to mine that is also struggling or is it just me? Ive even bought myself a Wii Fit to see if that will help! The dr said my regular exercise (which is walking my dog) doesnt seem to be right for me and I need more High Intensity Interval Training. Any advice would be great. Thanks for reading x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Well done in not sure if you go Facebook but there's a group on there all ages it's called orlistat support group...? they so helpful good luck

• Posted

Thanks Summer. I worry that people on my Facebook will be able to see if I ever posted in the group though or commented as I don't want everyone knowing my issue...is there a way to stop that?x

• Posted

Hi, first off my advice would be only weigh yourself once a week, it does change daily so just set a day to weigh in, 2 years ago I lost 5 stone in a year, in 5,7. Was 15 stone due to nerve damage and lots of knee ops I can't excerise, the only thing I did was walk my dog for 5 mins a day.. I wanted to loose the weight to help my knees as it had crept up to that in 2 years due to doing nothing but sitting with my knees up, I was also struggling to conceive.. well after loosing 5 stone and going from a size 16 to a size 10 I fell pregnant straight away, and my knees were feeling a bit better. I now have a 3 month old baby and have just gone back on the tablets again in the hope to loose the 2 1/2 stone I put on in pregnancy! First week I lost 5lbs, I have to be strict this time knowing I was so strict last time the weight literally fell off, I lost a stone in 3 weeks the last time, I know it's hard but if you are strict with it, it will happen fast, and the faster it happens you'll find yourself not missing the goodies you used to eat cus it feels amazing when you've lost the weight!

Good luck x

• Posted

Wow! Well done Hun that's great! I'm a size 16 now and no matter what I do the weight just doesn't want to go. Can I ask what you would eat in a typical day on the tablets? x

• Posted

Thanks hun, usually 2x toast and jam for breakfast, I use Roberts bread as only 0.4g per slice

Then either soup or a mug shot for dinner with a slice or 2 of bread (I like to fill up on carbs)

And evening meal either spaghetti bolognaise, chilli and rice, chicken or pork stir fry, roast dinner, jacket potatoes, sweet and sour chicken.. that sort of thing, always with either rice, pasta or potato, the more carbs I eat the more weight I tend to loose

• Posted

See ever since Ive been on Orlistat I've been having a diet whey shake with Almond Milk for breakfast, one for lunch, nothing in between and then a normal meal in the evenings which would consist of either Tuna on Toast (Gluten free) or salmon and veg or stir fry. I just dont get why I can't lose the weight. Ive been tested for Thyroid too and I got the all clear. Its making me very depressed. Especially as I never had an issues with weight before I was 32. I was slim my whole life and them Wham! It happened. I'm kicking myself now as Im desperate to lose the weight for my hernia operation and if I cant lose it then I cant have the op. The hernia gives me so much pain so its all a vicious circle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.