Verapamil Univer 240mg Prolonged Release Capsules

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've just phoned Cephalon who deal with this medication and it has now been withdrawn!!  Do patients not matter!  I have been on the tablets since last May and keep getting atrial fibrillation fluttering with them, blood pressure drops and feel washed out.  I think it's shocking that a company can simply 'withdraw' their product, does no one care what happens to the patients whom depend on it to feel well?  I think this is just shocking!  Disgusted and now will write to my MP but don't expect any joy there considering the state of the NHS although I'm in Scotland and it may be slightly different.  I will also go back to my doctor again, totally disgusted about this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Lose the meds if reaction

BP control is paramount.

Find a doctor who understands

Understands, bp meds just slow down the degenerative life style, which is exercise, diet and spiritual self examination. Otherwise your problems will stay the same and reqress.

Love to u

• Posted

Thank you Spiritmom, I have an understanding doctor, and I certainly don't want to slow my lifestyle down, well not too much! I do like some me time too.  I certainly have to see about it and will do soon.

love to u too

• Posted

Hi Andrene2626

i totally agree with you, we're all treated like Guinea pigs most of the time ! The other point I would like to make is why is it that we get prescribed medication for a problem/illness to supposedly treat it as a 'quick fix' , instead of investigating what's causing the problem in the first place ! Obviously down to the cost but, surely finding the cause early would save money on prescriptions and doctors appointments !

Its about time people started to speak up, good for you ! 🤗

• Posted

Thanks Black Widow, you're quite right regarding causes, i will see my visit to the doc brings, healthy is the aim!

I agree we need to speak up and ask more questions and with a bit of luck, get answers too,

best wishes,

• Posted

Just Remember; bp meds for 2 conditions I recently found out. 1. Medibolic Syndrome or 2 Essential Hypertension.

Look up those conditions.

In either case bp meds just slow down the long term progression of heart desease.

With that, serious life style changes are reqiured to reverse that progression.

We are responsible for our own health. Not Doctors job.

• Posted

Hi

Yeah I agree with you partly that we should be responsible for our own health, but unfortunately there are some health conditions that we have no control over. If we could all prevent every illness or medical complaint there wouldn't be any need to have doctors.

• Posted

Thanks Black Widow and Spiritmom

we can play our part in health care but agree somethings we cannot control.

here's to good health!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.