Travelling with medication - follow up

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently posted about possible difficulty travelling with syringes for Etanercept and am pleased to be able to report that I experienced no problems, I handed the bag to security staff at x ray together with a covering letter and it was put to one side and then handed back to me after I passed through the x ray machine. I felt very happy with the helpful and understanding staff and was able to enjoy my holiday.

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That is fantastic Chris,  that is what should happen, but of course we all know different.  I'm so pleased  that it worked out for you,   smile

• Posted

Thanks Sukes, I was very relieved, hope all goes well for you when you travel next.
  • Posted

That's really good news Chris. Thanks for sharing it with us. It makes me feel a bit better about our holiday. Was yours long haul? Hope you had a good holiday.

• Posted

We went to Fuerteventura in the Canaries Linda  which is normally a 4 hr flight but due to various delays it took much longer this time but we had a lovely break and so it was well worth the inconvenience. I find the extra warmth really beneficial so try and go whenever we can pick up a cheap package.
    • Posted

Glad you enjoyed it Chris. I can imagine the sun being beneficial as my joints have been really painful with the bad weathers recently. We are going to Australia. So a long flight. I have bought a special cooler bag, so fingers crossed. Not going until October. Fingers crossed. 😊

• Posted

That's helpful to know. I'm hoping to travel to Italy in a few weeks and I will need to take my Etanercept. Did you transfer it to a fridge when you arrived or keep it in your cooler bag?

• Posted

Hi Carol, I put it in the fridge as soon as we arrived as was not due to take for a few days. For my next break have booked to go on a Tuesday - day I usually inject - so will do it about 5am just before leaving and then inject for the next week after returning early evening the Tuesday after. As am only going

for a week it means I don't need to worry about taking it this time.

?Reading all the info I think you can be a bit flexible about when you inject as long as not too much difference so if I was travelling on a Thursday for example I would gradually move the time of my injection forward by a few hours each time until

• Posted

Sorry, don't know what happened there, meant to say-

?until I reached the right time for me to inject.

Hope this helps, have a good holiday.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.