Chairi brain malformation & Atomic bladder

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone know if Chairi Brain Malformation can cause Atomic Bladder Failure?

I had a cystscopy back in September and my Urologist told me my bladder was fine but today, 5 months later I have been told I may have Atomic bladder Failure and may have to be operated on.

My Neurologist has told me that my symptoms in regards to Chairi Brain Malformation are not significant enough but I am scared that this is causing me more problems. Can anyone help me?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I haven't suffered from thus but have done research and yes chiari malformation can cause bladder problems. Search for chiari support on facebook I'm part of this group since I had diagnosis and decompression surgery and it has been my life line. All the members are fantastic and there are people on there with what your describing. The group is really friendly and supportive Karen kerr runs it and you will get any question you have answered and have a warm welcome too. That goes for anyone with a diagnosis of chiari malformation. X

• Posted

Have you found us I noticed there has been some new requests this evening I'm on the admin so can add you if your not already added hun x

• Posted

Hi Jtaqui, I am glad you posted this query, I also notice after decompression 9 months ago, my bladder getting weaker and I have to wake up up to 2 -3 times at night due my weakness bladder, however after speaking to my excellent health professional team they refer me to physio and done lots of bladder exercise and now I only have to wake up once, but I am sure I will be getting better soon if I carry on with the pelvic exercise, my health care professionals team are fantastic, they will not prescribe me medicine unless I cant manage the issue any more, they always asked me to managing it by changing my life style...for example..after 17 years of back and leg pain..its only just 2 weeks ago that they allow me to have injection, even then..they warned me to think..and should be the last option to take that offer..they are really dedicated..I am blessed that I live in such an area who gps/consultants really concern about their patients's health. Try to have perlvic exercise..if you like to get to know and re-assurance..please ask your health care professional/s here in this website, you can contact Dr Sarah Jarvis - she is GP in London her speciality is in Diabetes, but she also mastered Cardio Vasvular , Resiratory and other disease, she has a wealth knowledge on any aspect she is also the public speakers to lots of reputable pharmaceutical c ompanies giving pressentation to lots of GP and consultants - she is in this Patient forum, I am sure its better to ask her, as lots of gps have a little clue on chiari.

• Posted

I have read many times in Chiari forums, articles and medical writings that bladder and bowel loss is a symptom.

• Posted

Hi there, I suffering from the bladder control, do not have surgery if you can avoid, just try to do pelvix exercise and just used panty liner if you are going out..its not really pain ful s the lesser you av oid the surgery the better..unless..it isnecessary
    • Posted

That is fantastic, you muct be the lucky one, I am seeing my NS for post surgery check up...in two weeks ..any suggestion what to ask?
  • Posted

I had frequency in bladder but after surgery it stopped
    • Posted

I would tell him all of ur symptoms and just pay attention to everything i have my mri this week to be sure it worked. Im sill having balance and blurry vision at times and some headaches
    • Posted

Well dont worry, it will go away soon, just make sure you take at least 1.5-2 ltrs liquid, very gentle exercises (just walk even ust 5  - 10 mminutes then increasing) but ensure to know your condition. THANKS

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.