Pins and needles in left arm

Posted , 5 users are following.

any suggestions as to the cause of this ? I'm getting pins and needles in my left hand and arm constantly with no apparent cause. Followed by a numbness ? 

Work is now becoming a struggle especially as I'm plumber 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave pins and needles is nerves so maybe its that the swelling compressed the nerves. I get it too, iv not been diagnosed yet but all the symptoms are there and my crp bloodtest came back at 47!! I'm only 26years old and its getting worse every week! 😢

• Posted

Hi, I'm 52 and it started about 3 months ago..... I've yet to see a doctor but I can't go on much longer like this. Do you get the numbness too ?

• Posted

Hi David, I get this in my right hand and I believe it's the nerves compressed in the wrist, possibly carpel tunnel. The last time I saw my Rheumatologist she did an ultrasound and said there was some compression there. Speak to your Rheumatologist about an ultrasound as they can pick it up.

• Posted

Hello David, if the pins and needles are predominantly in the thumb side of the hand but not the little finger it is likely to be carpal tunnel syndrome caused by pressure at the wrist. If the pain is in the little finger side or is higher up the arm it is likely to be nerve pressure in the neck. Consult your doctor and they can tell you which it is . Good luck. 
  • Posted

Hi David

I started to get a numbness in my left hand 4th and 5th digits.  It only started after the humira so I felt that was the cause.  Right now I am off humira and it's improved but not gone.     Are you taking any medication for RA?

• Posted

I'm not taking any medication as yet Gloria, I need to make an appointment with my GP and see if there's any suggestions.

it seems to affect the thumb side more, I hadn't noticed this till you pointed it out Penny..... Thanks for that !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.