Some blood and protein in my urine.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I am 39 years old and I have some blood in my urine for over 2months. Usually the urine is a little darker. 

The Urologist tested urine, blood, prostate, did a cystoscopy and a CT scan. He found 2 small cysts (6 mm) on 1 kidney and some bloodcells and 1+ protein in my urine. The urologist told me this is harmless. Also i need to go to the toilet very often about every hour.

Can this cysts give these problems? And will this heal by itself of will this get worse in time?

I hope somebody can give me some advice.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have medullary sponge kidney in both kidneys so I always have blood in my urine and protein and much more as stones always on the move

+1 protein is not a concern saying that you shouldn't have protein in the Irvine but other factors such as blood pressure and other factors can cause that result.

Blood if you never had it before is not normal either but again if CT scan shows no blockage and blood test come back with no inflammation they see there is no concerns that they see.

If you start seeing pure blood after going to toilet and generally feeling unwell and bad pain then head to doctor.

Just keep going for check ups at doctors with blood test and urine test to see if it improves.

Is the cyst a stone? Or just a cyst?

Cyst can be referred as a stone sometimes.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply.

According to the urologists there are 2 cysts (not stones).

I don't see pure blood, but i do notice that the urine is darker, sometimes like a bit like light-tea. Fortunately I have no pain. I do however need to go to the toilet very often, perhaps some stress is also causing this.

Is there a change that the blood will go away? Will this stay likt this the rest of my life or will it get worse?

• Posted

Hi

You will know a difference in blood as it be bright red and you be passing pure blood

It's good you have no pain as that's a good sign

I would go and see another doctor(urologist) to see what they say it doesn't hurt to see someone's else's point of view.

They might want to get scans done a few times a year to see if any more grow. It might be that you have these ones and that is it.

I have scans every 3 months as mine progress quickly and I get blocked and very sick.

Drink lots of water that's important for kidneys. maybe see what other urologist is around and get them to explain to you what they believe it is and express your concerns to ease your mind abit. I know it's scary seeing blood but sometimes it not a bad sign for worse to come.

I know I can't help you but I hope you get some answers soon.

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.