Anybody feel feel uncontrollable need to pace?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

This is my first try at opening a topic. Going through it right now, and wondering if anyone else has this issue.

There are times, usually after a brutal round of hot flashes or a particularly stressful day/week/month, that I literally cannot sit still. If I'm not up pacing around, I feel like I will explode out of my skin.

My sister gets the same.

Are we weird, or are there others like us?

Any suggestions for getting that to go away?

It drives our husbands bonkers, and is rather inconvenient at work!

Thanks for any and all words of encouragement!

Sara

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi sara, yes I use to be like that can't sit still paving up an down in my livingroom unti my favourite program comes on then I will lie down and watch the TV...there were times I could not stay in and then couldn't go out or have to make and appointment with myself to go out,it's brutal hormones doing it 

it will stop eventually I'm now better and can sit and go out feel more relax then I was its horrible to be that way so I sympathise with you, you be ok God bless.

• Posted

Hi Maria, thank you for the words of encouragement! It means alot coming from someone who has been there!

God Bless!

• Posted

Yes I'm like that right now. It's out of control. I am currently unemployed and I sat at a desk a lot and I don't know how how did it for 3yrs of this! I have to pace myself all day and keep myself busy otherwise I stay in one place and the anxiety kicks in! So weird I find things to do all the time to distract myself. But at the end of the day I noticed my back is starting to kill me from standing all day! Crazy hormones yes! I'm waiting and praying for this to all pass! 🙏🏼🙏🏼

• Posted

Hang in there, Trishann. If I stumble across a remedy of any kind, I will pass it along :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.