anterior and posterior vaginal repair with kelly plication February 7th 2017

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone

I'm so happy I found this place.i have been so lost and in the dark. I had anterior and posterior vaginal repair with kelly plaction on feb 7 2017. That stems from a complete hysterectomy in 2013. I was able to go home the night the surgery was done so there for I dont remember a lot from that day.

I'm still spoting had to start wearing panty liners it gets worse when I go poo but slows back down later. Still have a lot of pressure down there.

So my question is since we're not supposed to do much while recovering it hurts to sit very long so are we supposed to lay down a lot ? I can't remember the doctor instructions and I really do want to mess anything up again.

What are the things we can do and can't do? Dont want the doctor to think I dont listen any advise would be greatly appreciated

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi and welcome! Yes, try and lay down as much as possible for the first two weeks. Get up for short walks to prevent blood clots. No lifting and no straining while going to the bathroom. Take stool softener. Pressure is normal at this stage as well as spotting, especially after bm's

• Posted

Thank you.

Is being in a recliner ok?

Its really the only place I can find any comfort right now. It does lay back but has a slight angle.

• Posted

When it comes to pelvic floor exercises and walking when do you start them and how far and how often do you start out? I used to walk 3 miles

This all has me so confused I wish I could remember talking with the doctor. Maybe I should just schedule a appointment with him just for information

• Posted

Check the South Tees Information on the Genitourinary Prolapse home page, that will give you lots of good advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.