I've been trying to come off gabapentin

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have stopped gabapentin finally after 6 months I had been taking 900mg for a year got down to half tablet in morning and at night but finally stopped feeling horrible can't sleep sick nerves all the time how much longer will it last am really struggling this medication should be banned my doctors have no idea about these tablets and side effects

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tammy,

Yes, this stuff is evil.  I was on 1800mg/day for 4 months when I quit cold turkey.  The first week of withdrawal was absolute misery, primarily due to severe insomnia.  The second week was a little (emphysis on "little"wink better.  After a month off of the stuff I was almost back to normal, and, after 6 weeks off of it I started to feel like I was regaining conrol of my life.

As I have said before, my belief is that everyone reacts to this drug differently.  So, all I can tell you is how it affected me.  Your experiences may be totally different.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Tammy: why would you get off of Gabapentin?
    • Posted

Hi Gary what do u mean why would i get off gabapentin just had another bad night sickness heart poundIng sleep none
    • Posted

Because got side effects muzzy head joints aching head aches anxiety panic attacks which I had never had before and also they had started not to be as effective for which I was taking them for

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.