New to mirtazaphine

Posted , 5 users are following.

So sorry to bother docs have suggested I try this as I have tried many other tablets for aniaxty from being put through abuse I am a bag of nerves every time I take antidepressants I have ended up with severe tasteless leg at one point I was on tablets for the legs and antidepressants pain relief and sleeping tablets I wasn't getting worse so they gave me diazepam which calms my legs stopped take the antidepressants but I am not myself I am so worried it's going to trigger again I am on 15mg not started yet has anyone had restless legs with these? Sorry to go on I just want to be me again I am so lost at the moment so sorry again

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, but only for half an hour or so each time after taking the pill then it wore off. I am off mirtazapine now but took it for 4 years.
    • Posted

How was it getting off ?

About to start tapering off 45mg.

• Posted

I had two goes. The first time I followed GPs instructions and tapered (from 30mg) to 15mg for a week, then 7.5mg for a week and then off. I lasted just ten days before having to go back on it. The WDs were terrible. The second time I did it without advice and tapered much more slowly, cutting by the smallest amount I could acurately cut with a pill cutter and then making my own liquid and using a syringe to acurately measure down to 0.1mg. It took 4 1/2 months but I had virtually no withdrawal symptoms at all. I would say it was easy peasy, but needed lots and lots of patience.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I see my psychiatrist next tues and want to ask for 30mg tabs and 15ml solution. I want to initially drop 5 mg every 4 weeks to 30mg then go more slowely. I know she will say I am being silly but I will ask her to humour me.

I also take venlafaxine and diazepam.

What dose were you on and what was the lowest dose you got to before you jumped off ?

• Posted

I was on 30mg for 4 years. I jumped off at 0.1mg so very small jump, but worth it.
    • Posted

I started off at two weeks and then when I didn't get bad WDs (I just used to get a bit anxious and nauseous around day 4 - 5) I cut it to ten days and then to 7 days. Always I would feel it a bit on day 4 but nothing I couldn't easily cope with.

• Posted

As with all drugs they affect people differently, and when an individual is on other medications they can alter the outcome too. It's all about how they interact with each other and the side affects associated with them, which can often be worse than the problem you're taking the medication for in the first place.

From a personal perspective i never had any problems with my legs whilst on Mirt. the biggest problem with the drug (for me) was nausea and tirdness, although like you I was on other medication too. Try your hardest not to worry and never apologise for feeling apprehensive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.