Scared to death. Trying to be strong

Posted , 8 users are following.

I thought I had a yeast infection on Wednesday so started taking Monitstat 3 day. I took the last one on Friday night. Saturday morning noticed that I was spotting very light.  Laster in the evening noticed the same thing but more brownished. I just turned 59 and have not had a period in three years.  On Sunday saw a bit more blood in the morning and evening.  I see it like every 8 hours or more.  I went to the doctor on Monday who performed an pap smear.  He also requested an ultrasound and I will go back for results in a two days.  I can't sleep and I am so scared.  I am tired of searching the internet and fear I have every disease know to woman. I am going crazy.  I need some support.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Many of us been through this. If you go to see period after menopause, a huge wealth of accounts are there. Your gynie will do an internal ultrasound, and probably a biopsy, it is just a standard by the book approach. Chances of c are very low. It is good to check so if by some small chance it is, it can be treated. I wish you all the health. Chances are good that you are fine.
  • Posted

I know it's easier said than done, carmen, but try to put it out of your mind.  I had similar scary wait recently when I discovered a breast lump and was sent for urgent referral which took a week, so the wait was awful.  I just drank camomile tea in the evenings which made me sleep and just tried to keep busy.  If you've been to doctors and been checked during the three previous years then they are just taking precautions with the tests.  It is likely that the medication has stirred something. Do let us know how you get on and try and relax.

• Posted

Thank you so very much.  I am trying to keep busy.  I am working harder to keep my mind occupied. I have been trying to keep so busy, last night I started baking cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries which I don't particularly care for.  I have an ultrasound tomorrow and then see the gyn on Thursday for the results.  I keep running to the bathroom to check my posie to see if I have more spotting which seems to have a cycle of its own.  I do appreciate the support.

• Posted

you're welcome.  The technician doing the ultrasound tomorrow, chat to her/him.  They are usually good at calming you.  best of the best to you.

• Posted

Been there done that. You will be fine. Menopause causes excessive worry and imaginary health issues. It's common to bleed and does not mean anything serious. Just get checked and all will be good.

• Posted

Carmen, if I can do nothing else I am hoping to calm you down.  Please don't worry about this.  My mom used to say that it's all the things we worry about that never happen.  You obviously had some sort of infection, that clearly could effect what's going on down there.  

I have known women in menopause, who have had a full blown period!   Ran to the doctor scare to death.  It was nothing.  Just one final hurray!  

Please don't give it another thought, until you get word on the testing.  I'm sure it's nothing.  

• Posted

Thank you Gailannie for the positive feedback.  My husband says the same thing your mom use to say.  I am praying and hoping.  Right now there is nothing more I can do.  My appts are scheduled and everything moved quickly once I visited the doctor yesterday. I at least can be thankful for that.
    • Posted

Oh gosh, I know that running to check for blood. I still do it. I am usually a very healthy person...A year ago I had a breast lump biopsy, which turned out negatve, thank GD and then a few months later, bleeding from anus- I was sent for a colonoscopy, abdomen US-all fine but again all the waiting!

Then I got spotting... and my gynie did an internal one and a biopsy. I was a total wreck waiting for so many results and going to so many doctors, it was a nightmare. Finally all results came through great after that waiting... Then it happened again in December. Thhis time I was sent for a hysteroscopy (like colonoscopy but into the uterus), under general anaesthesia, and biopsy. I was a wreck, totally by this time. And here I am, a week ago my biopsy results came through and I am fine. I hope it stays that way. I am telling you all this so you know many of us out there went through it, and are fine. I wish there were a way to help you calm down, I know it is hard. A good friend of mine, whom I met on this forum, virtually, has gone through all this at the same time as me, and is about to have her hysteroscopy, and is so stressed, but I just know she will be fine. You may not even need a biopsy, but I think it is best to get one, better safe than sorry... xoxo

• Posted

It's so good to have a support system of women who understand what I am going through.  Men don't get it.  Thank you so mucn

• Posted

You will be fine, it's the nature in us that worry.  I've been through the same and had all the checks and it was nothing apart from I had a harmless ovarian cyst which has now disappeared xx

• Posted

Hi both my sisters have had this in the last year, both over 50, one has polyps the other had been on HRT too long.  I am health anxious myself and to be honest lfe was better before google as we never worried so much.  Take care
    • Posted

I totally agree.  I don't know how many times I have visited dozen of sites.  Which by the way scared me more.  I have stopped since talking to you ladies. 

• Posted

You are donig the right thing. Probably nothing but you are checking it out.  
    • Posted

Hi all.  I will be heading to my ultrasound in about 45 minutes.  I hope everything goes okay. I am so nervous.  On the positive side my husband checked my health portal last night for my pap smear results and it shows normal.  I hope this is a good sign.
    • Posted

Very good sign Carmen.  And the ultrasound will be fine.  When I did one a couple weeks ago, I simply asked the tech to tell what she was looking at while she did it.  And then asked her to tell me the measurement of my lining.  So even before I was off the table, I knew that my uterine lining was 5 mm.  Perfectly normal.  And that way I didn't have to sit and wait on results.  (I HATE WAITING AND WORRYING)  Hope if you get this before you leave, just ask how thick your lining is measuring while she's doing it.

• Posted

Good morning all,

I was a mess. The tech kept telling me to relax and I almost passed out from hyperventilating.  I did not want to ask about the measurements of my lining.  I am not sure if she was suppose to tell me anything I just kept asking her is everything okay and she said yes.  She said you will be fine, everything looks fine.  She then said lots of women have cyst.  She said relax honey, everything looks fine,  I have to see my gyn at 2:30 today.  I got home did not look at the internet nothing. I have lost like 5 pounds not eating and worrying. 

So I hope everything goes well later today.

• Posted

I am so tired of worrying.  Really tired.  Thanks all.
    • Posted

Hi ther. I so understand how you feel. The technician would never say all is fine if she saw anything not fine. Of course, that does not mean more than no visible signs of anything sinister. I would still want a biopsy even if my lining were not enlarged! It can be enlarged, by the way, from a regular period and from other reasons, not only c. Hang in there, you will most probably feel better later today-hopefully!! xxxLet us know. Thinking of you.
    • Posted

If is ovarian cysts you have then they are totally harmless and will disappear after a few months, been a worrier like I am I insisted on another scan after 3 months and it had disappeared. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.