Urinating Very Frequently

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lately, I have been urinating very frequently. I usually have a 20 oz. cup of coffee late in the morning which I have mostly attributed this to, but sometimes it happens to me even when I don't have coffee. I do also usually drink several bottles of water a day without eating a heck of a lot, so to me it made sense that I was going so often (sometimes several times within an hour)

I do take multiple vitamins a day (a multi, milk thistle, green tea extract, and a probiotic) as well as a daily Testosterone (Axiron) treatment and Allopurinol for my Gout, but the frequent urination has become more common than usual. It doesn't hurt when I pee or anything, but sometimes I dribble a bit after I'm already done urinating and once in a while it feels like there is pee "stuck" inside, mostly after having sex.

I was in the hospital back in December because I was very ill and the doctors couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong and ended up chalking it up to a really nasty virus. While there I had tons of different tests done and my primary had told me that my organs looked fine and I was otherwise healhy. Because of this, I haven't yet persued another doctor appointment just yet.

Could I be experiencing a prostate issue? I am a bit worried as I am only 29 and of course reading symptoms and stuff online is really scary. Has anyone else had these problems?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I just realized I accidentally posted this in the Women's section. I meant to put it in the Men's section. Sorry for the mix up.

• Posted

I realize you are a young man but I think it's possible for men to have an overactive bladder at a younger age just as women can. I was diagnosed with OAB as a 34 year old female. It began out of nowhere for no apparent reason. Perhaps have your doctor check your prostate to see if it's enlarged. And if you do have an issue with your bladder, you may want to refrain from drinking so much coffee until you can get it under control. Coffee is a huge bladder irritant for two reasons- caffeine and acidity. Peeing several times an hour is a lot. Most adults can go 3-4 hours without urinating. Good luck!

• Posted

I have similar symptoms possibly due to a slightly enlarged prostate for which I am on medication to "shrink it" but then I'm at the other end of the age scale at 75.

My "frequent urination" problem actually started ten years ago whilst in hospital for a lung biopsy and I was "tied" to my bed by a pleural drain which meant I couldn't go to the toilet when I needed too.  Sadly the staff steadfastly refused to "bring me a bottle" which resulted in me having to "hold my water" until came to the point where I couldn't urinate at all and beause of the discomfort was "threatened" with having a catheter fitted. The very prospect of that released the "floodgates" but ever since then my bladder control has "gone out of the window".

The prostate medication is my doctor's latest attempt at resolving the issue but I can't say I've noticed much improvement to date.

I hope you find an answer and wish you well for the future.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.