Yellow diarrhea 1 week post op

Posted , 4 users are following.

Is yellow diarrhea normal after having your gallbladder out, I am eating a really low fat diet.

Thank you.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I'm also 1 week post op and have been having yellow diarrhoea last 2 days, I assume it is normal and just bodies adjusting to not having a gallbladder although I'm no expert!

How are you feeling in yourself? Can't believe it's been a week!

• Posted

I am ok Lucy, I have an infection in the wound by my belly button so on antibiotics to combat that, They think it is due to being on Humira because it supresses my immune system.
    • Posted

Bless you, hope it isn't too sore, hopefully the antibiotics will soon clear it up.x

• Posted

Do you normally have the diarrhoea soon after eating? I had some breakfast this morning and was rushing to the toilet 20 mins after!
  • Posted

It was normal for me. I had mine out almost 4 months ago now, and I didn't have a bowel movement for more than 3 days after surgery. When I did, for about 4-5 days it was yellow diarrhea. Your body is definitely still adjusting. I had really bad gas throughout my system (lots of gurgling and pressure) so I started on a probiotic - I'm not sure if that helped the bowel movements, but it definitely helps the gas. (Wouldn't be a bad idea for you lucy since you're on antibiotics - that will mess with you bowels too) Your liver is just dumping bile like it used to and there is no gallbladder to hold it anymore, so it needs time to adjust. I had told my surgeon at my follow up about the diarrhea and he said give it a couple of months and if it doesn't go away, to call my GI doctor. It should clear up soon - and if it doesn't there ARE medications to take to help, so don't get too worried.

• Posted

I had yellow diarrhea for a couple of days, but it completely stopped once I started taking an ox bile supplement (gallbladder formula) plus digestive enzymes and probiotics. It was like night and day difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.