Constant pain Planter Fasciitis

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had this now for nearly 3 years. Now constant pain.Had physio injections. Complete rest. Nothing has worked. Going to see consultant again next week. I want a operation done now it stops me doing everything from shop walking cleaning and juat standing to cook. No pain killers or anything does any think to stop the pain .please any advised as I am at the end of my tether with the pain

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't rush to surgery - it doesn't always work.  See my comments on this website by googling:  "patient WhiteRabbit17 doknabox"    Good luck, doknabox

• Posted

Hi caroline - poor you i also was at the end of the line with it after 5 years of constant pain. I had injections, intensive physio, orthotics, heat treatment and acupucture - nothing helped. Last year i spoke to my consultant about platelet replacement as i had researched it and it looked promising. He agreed to do it on the nhs but did advise that it wasnt really a procedure they undertook at that time. Had it last january - not pleasant but day case only and done under local anaesthetic. Crutches for 8 weeks. After 6 months it was like a miracle. No pain anymore - back exercising and can wear normal shoes. Cant recommend it enough it changed my life. X
  • Posted

I bought from Amazon a pair of planter boots that I wore in bed nightly after chronoic problems and eventually solely down to these boots I am hugely improved. They are quite cheap and keep your foot at right angle to the leg as you sleep allowing the tendon to gradually heal as you sleep over time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.