Doing it wrong??

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi, I have been on orlistat for 3 weeks, 9 lb loss so far, however I have been looking at fat per item rather than per 100g. E.g. Jaffa cake is 1g per cake, cuppa soup is 1.5 g per sachet.

im following low fat and obviously losing, although a bit more would be nice!! But after reading other threads, worried I'm doing it all wrong.

im going nowhere near 15g per meal.

help....

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hiya. A jaffa cake is 1g per cake but is 8g of fat per 100 so just be careful as you might have an accident!! Everything is meant to be under 5g of fat per 100g

I use to rarely have a whole 15g for breakfast or lunch. Dinner slightly more. As long as the weights coming off you're doing good. Just watch those grams of fat! Believe me it's awful if it comes out the other end!!!! 😳

• Posted

Thank you, that does make a bit More sense now, although on the Norfolk NHS site it suggests having 2 Jaffa cakes as a treat... that's confusing!!

think I need readjust my diet a little, was excited I could have my little 'treats' but maybe that's why I haven't lost as much as others??

what do people have for treats??

i was eating rich tea lights and slimming world bars. Need to check packaging on both now!! ?? X

• Posted

Definitely as u need to watch the fat. I have marshmallows and jelly sweets. No fat in them. Just think of the calories hun. X
    • Posted

Thanks so much, yeah, I have had some jelly sweets too, will re evaluate. Got none more week til weigh in.. will go for it!!

xx

• Posted

Have been a packaging fiend for the last couple days, it seems there is nothing less than 5 g per 100g treatwise.

so beginning to think I am destined not to eat another treat again, this is sad 😕 

There is only so much yoghurt and sugar free jelly a girl can enjoy!!

not sure how sustainable this is if it is so strict??

anyone have any other ideas apart from sweets?

x

• Posted

This diet is mega strict and jelly sweets marshmallows and things like that are about it. But it does really work if you stick to it. It's all worth it in the end!!

I use to ask myself do I want thus biscuit more than I wanna be thin???????

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.