Toe goes numb

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone! I went to doctor today for my two week post op knee revision surgery and I'm right on schedule. I have 98 degrees rom and 5 straighten. What I am experiencing is my big toe goes numb when I elevate my leg. Does anyone else have this problem and what causes it?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't know but can you tell me why you had to have revision surgery and what it involves. I am 12 months post op on TKR on my right knee and I can hardly walk. I saw the consultant yesterday and although he is against revision- he says it can cause blood clots, infection etc he is sending me for a bone scan before he can consider revision

I just want to be able to walk properly again

• Posted

I was still in a lot of pain after my tkr and I couldn't hardly walk. I was really stiff and no matter what I did it was still stiff. I also had ligament damage to the outside of my knee and the doctor decided that revision surgery would help so they went back in replaced the plastic piece in my knee with a thicker plastic piece. I have felt so much better I'm not stiff and not in as much pain as before. If your not doing as good as you think complain until they relieve the pain. Don't minimize your pain when you are in the doctor office. It ain't a big deal if you don't make it a big deal

• Posted

I would ask your Doctor

Sounds like a nerve compression? ?

All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.