Premique high dose alternative?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Premique 0.625/5mg for a couple of years & it really worked for me, however now that it's been discontinued my GP suggested taking the low dose x 2, however as that is 0.3/1.5mg it is not doing the trick.  I get terrible eczema & Burning Mouth Syndrome as a result of my menopause & the high dose Premique seemed to keep it all at a low level.  My GP has now suggested a patch which I change every few days as apparently this is abosrbed into the system better.

Any suggestions/ideas would be welcome as I'm really fed-up.........

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Find some research that supports continued use of hrt and take it to your dr.  Be assertive.  My experience is that we need more oestrogen as we get older, not less, and this has been confirmed.  I am not familiar with Premique, but I find oestradiol oestrogen better - it is bio-identical.

I see that Premique contains both oestrogen and medroxyprogesterone acetate.  Does your patch include a progesterone?  Mine does not, I took it separately.

Vit D3 drops is said to help with psoraisis, perhaps it might help with eczema.  Search jeff baker md.

Good luck.

• Posted

I have just started these ... feeling very anxious mornings ... tired early evening ... not feeling my self ... need to change these as not feeling myself sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.