achy feet?

Posted , 11 users are following.

Just wondering if others have this problem??   I'm 48 but feel 70.  I don't understand why my feet hurt.  I'm not on my feet a lot and I try to buy good shoes with support so why are the bottoms of my feet hurting?   I guess I could try a foot doctor.  Could it be arthritis?  I take cod liver oil and gelatin which is supossed to help with joints.

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Kelly

i have the same thing special in the morning when i get up..its part of peri, i went to podiatrist and nothing wrong, he did say that hormone changes will do that..it will ease a bit as you going through this..i'm 51 and still feel it but not as bad..

Feel better.. 

• Posted

Oh really?  It's part of the hormones??   OK, like everything else just deal with it..  Ha...   I want to be out and about and do my exercise routine but when the feet hurt I don't want to as much.

Thanks for your reply!

• Posted

Hi I'm 49 and in peri confirmed by my gynae after blood tests....and yes my feet and joints hurt terrible some days more than others my feet especially in the mornings....my first few steps I walk like a old lady but it usually eases up as day goes on..... also have bad dry eyes all fm hormones....The joys xx

• Posted

I had sore feet.  I was on my feet a lot.  However, I lost about 22 pounds and that made a huge difference.  I am still trying to lose another 25.  Weight may not be a problem for you.  But I noticed even a small amount of weight  can make a difference.  Prior to weight lose I thought I could not wear my high heels anymore.  Now I can now.  I buy good arch supports and good shoes on sale.  I  notice my arches are not as high.  But just taking good care of your feet makes a big difference.   AND WEIGHT LOSS!
    • Posted

That's great Beth!! how did you accomplish all the weight loss? going through peri i gained a few extra pounds and i hate it!!

• Posted

Forget all the crap about your life is over.  I have had to watch my weight since I was teenager.  But I did not have to work that hard at it.  Reduced calories, became very active, eat good fats like olive oil, avocado oil, flax seed oil.  Reduced alcohol.  Lots of salmon lots of vegtables.  Reduced sweets.  I also do some weights. I am 57.  My vagina hasn't dried up.  I still have a sex drive.  Do your own research and don't rely on the obgyn office for all your info.  Especially nurse praticioners who think they know it all.  They don't!!!  

• Posted

And yes belly fat appears but you just have to work at it.  I do about 300 crunches several times a week.  Weights to keep your breasts from succumbing to gravity.  
    • Posted

That's awesome on the the weight loss!!!  Sugar is tough  for me..  If I stay strong, eat healthy and exercise the scale moves down..  : )  But  staying on top of it it tough.

• Posted

Try a reflexology foot massage. It's relaxing and may identify the cause of your foot pain.

• Posted

Thanks..   I do find that rubbing my feet or even the heel it helps alot!!
  • Posted

I remember having this, my friend a doctor told me to take calcium pills. After feeling as I was walking on bare bones and achy feet, my pain went away after taking calcium pills as he suggested. Now when I feel pain in my feet I take a calcium pill. Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Kelly I get it!!   Amazing how many things change isn't it?  And the thing that makes me LOL is..........if this is 60 feeling 80, how the hell bad will I actually feel when I am 80?  Scary thought isn't it.

• Posted

Yeah...  things are going downhill.. Hair, weight, feet  what's next?  ha  

• Posted

It could be planter fasciitis that's inflmation of the tissue under the foot it's somthing that affects us as we get older I've got this problem I would go to your doctor and ask to be sent to see a physiotherapists they will exercises to do that will help and I would get some memory foam insoles for your shoes they are a god send

• Posted

Yes.  I bought  just bought some more shoes with memory form.  I also rotate my shoes trying not to wear the same ones all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.