ESA stopped

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi can any1 help got a fone call saying my esa has stopped from 2day and I need 2 appeal so need 2 go on job seekers I'm so confused and upset about this will my disability stop aswell

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm guessing you've recently had a face 2 face assessment? if so they've found you fir for work. Your next step would be to ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) you only have 28 days to get this in. CAB advice people are very good with this sort of thing, maybe give them a ring for an appointment.

As you've been found fit for work you'll need to now claim JSA. Disability i'm guessing you meaning DLA or PIP? then no this won't stop as 2 completely different benefits.

• Posted

Thanks yeah 8 weeks ago but my conditions aren't any better and I have more that my doc wrote a letter about but 0 points

• Posted

I'm sorry but thats the decision. You can ask for the MR like i said but you only have 28 days to do this. If you have CAB near you then please give them a ring tomorrow.

• Posted

Yeah I will just got the fone call this morning took me by surprise as the letters from my doc and psychologist letter seem 2 have been ignored
    • Posted

This isn't unusual. Have you taken a look at the ESA descriptors to see which ones you would score points in? You're evidence needs to back these descriptors up. Please bear in mind that if you ask for the MR most decisions remain the same so you'll more than likely need to take it to Appeal Tribunal.

• Posted

Aye I thot that it's just the fact I cnt go out on my own and my pal came 2 face 2 face with me but fire alarm went off and we were outside for more than an hour so she had 2 leave me 2 go 2 her work but thanks for ur input

• Posted

You say you can't go out alone but your friend had to leave you at the assessment centre. This more than likely went against you especially as the fire alarm went off and you had to spend more than 1 hour outside. They watch you from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave. Good with the MR if you go for this.

• Posted

I think so 2 but I'll go for mr then appeal if need 2

• Posted

The best thing is to get a copy of the assessment and then you can highlight all the points you feel they made a mistake with. This is what I did and went to tribunal and won. Without seeing anyone. A paper consideration.
    • Posted

I've been trying 2 get a copy and cnt find the fone number 2 get it just been passed from pillar 2 post but I'll do the mr and if not ill appeal it's just the thot of having 2 go through the process of going thro dwp again I'm just at a loss how I got no points at all

• Posted

It's ESA you need to ring for a copy of the assessment report. Don't let them fob you off saying it's not them, it is. If you google ESA contact the number will come up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.