Sores (Tmi warning)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today I have literally just woken up with strange sores on my outer labia. I though I might have hurt myself by scratching or something. When I had a closer look I saw these sores were dark purple like blood blisters sort of, and sort of asymmetrical.

One is near the opening of my vagina and it is very painful and I thought it was just thrush or something. However I also noticed there seems to be small white blisters (from what I can see) surronding it and coming from the opening.

I am concerned, I've only ever had one sexual partner before and we always use protection. Does this sound like herpes to anyone? It's also bleeding (not sure if it's discharge though).

I have also felt very run down and like I had the flu lately. Been feeling very achey today. Please help

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Sorry I meant to say it's on my inner labia. Not outer

• Posted

seems more like scratch or abrasion, but to be sure have it checked out or swabed for genital herpes
    • Posted

I think it was some kind of wound that has now got horribly infected and worse. I'm in a lot of pain too...

• Posted

I kind of want to attach a picture but I'm too scared to

• Posted

I had BV before and thrush at the same time - I had exactly that. Maybe get swabbed and get a culture done to see if it's an infection?

• Posted

Ugh, I have been to see about 3 different doctors who all say different things. I went to the clinic and the woman told me it is herpes. But it's infected. There are two blisters about the size of a coin. It is so bad it's almost devastating, peeing is unbearable. What a nightmare week I've had

• Posted

It sounds more like it could be syphilis, not herpes.
    • Posted

The second woman I saw yesterday said that and she told me to go to the clinic to get it checked. Hopefully the swabs will be back soon.

I think the lesions are slightly peeling now I have no idea if that's good or not

• Posted

Its good that the lesions are becoming scabs ,.. and soon they will vanish. 
    • Posted

Okay folks I went to see the clinic again. About 4 doctors were in the room. They are more swayed now that it isn't herpes but they can't say for sure. They told me to continue taking my antibiotics and antivirals, and gave me some numbing cream and swabs. The doctor said it could be 3 things, Chrons disease, Beçhets disease, or some unknown skin issue. I'm going to have a biopsy to check it next week...a little unnerved about it all

• Posted

Swabs, sorry I was supposed to say dressings. I will get the rest of the results next week for the STD's

• Posted

4 Doctors in a room, never heard this before.... Which place your at? 

Second to take both antibiotics and antivirals together ?  Never heard of this either. 

3 things... Crohns, behcets ... skin issue ..?? How did they come to this conclusion from a genital abrasion....?

Do you have skin rash, abdominal pain, joint pain ?  

• Posted

I know I am concerned. I don't think anyone quite knows what it fully is yet. I'm taking azithromycin and aciclovir at the moment since I don't respond well to flucloxacillin, since it has become infected and is incredibly painful.

Crohn's runs in my family and that is known to cause ulceration in the genital area, as well as Beçhets disease (but I would show more symptoms apparently). They really can't say for sure. As for me I think it is probably herpes. Maybe attaching an image might help?

The sore is peeling so badly that I have to use those dressings so the labia doesn't fuse together or something like that

• Posted

Ah. Well I'm at a loss again ...

This is still absolute hell and I don't know how long I can live like this. Basically the large cyst has burst and the skin peeled off (it's located inside my inner labia) and it keeps filling up with pus. I know it's gross. Imagine this everytime you had to pee, it's exactly as it sounds. I was given the numbing cream (today I was even thinking about having a catheter fitted) but I really don't know how I will manage at work tomorrow, I'm doing a 8 hr shift...

• Posted

Okay guys new update. I have tested negative for HIV, syphillis and herpes. I have been given antibiotics and I will have a biopsy tomorrow to check the wound

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.