Pip MR question

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recieved my pip award a few days ago and I don't agree with the decision. I've gone from dla mid rate care and low mobility to standard care. I have uncontrolled daily seizures meaning I have to have someone with me at all times for everything but this hasn't even been included in the assessment at all it has been based solely on my fibro. If I do MR I risk loosing pip all together and my income support. What has been others experiences of MR?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

HI Angela, i'm sorry to hear this. Most MR decisions remain the same with people having to take it to Appeal Tribunal. 60% of decisions are successful with Tribunal.

Did you give plenty of evidence to support you claim? Did this include your Epilepsy?

May i ask what the reason is that you claim income support? Do you have a child under 5 or are you claiming Carers Allowance for looking after someone?

• Posted

Ok then you won't lose your income Support because you claim Carers Allowance. Just a thought depending on the reasons why you claim Carers Allowance may have gona against you with your PIP claim. Contradictions and such. I wouldn't put anything past DWP to be honest.

• Posted

I. May not fully understand but I thought that the standard rate was higher than the lower rate
    • Posted

It is but Angela has lost her mobility payment, so she's losing £21.80 per week.

• Posted

Low mobility DLA is the same as Standard PIP. Middle Care DLA is the same as Standard Dailiy living PIP there is no  equvilent to Lower care DLA for PIP.
  • Posted

Hello Angela, If you are having uncontrolled daily seizures they should of been taken into account for your assessment. I would be asking why this disability was not taken into account. Have you phoned the DWP and asked for a full copy of the assessment?  I did and it had a lot more information than the letter I received about the PIP.  When I got the results of the PIP I decided not to ask for a mandatory reconsideration but it is up to every individual to decide what they would think is best for them. In your case I think I would ask for a mandatory reconsideration seeing as though part of your disability was not even mentioned.  Good luck in what ever you decide to do.  cheesygrin

• Posted

The problem is with PIP is it's completely different to DLA. I would suggest anyone going from DLA to PIP that they take a look at the descriptors to see where the points are. Not everyone will qualify under the current descriptors. If they do qualify with the descriptors the more evidence giving supporting these descriptors the better the chances for the claimant. Yes it's harsh i know...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.