Chronic compartment syndrome or CECS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Any of my friends out there ever had chronic extertional surgery? I just had the surgery in my left leg only with all four compartments released Feb 13th 2017. Yes I know I'm 3 days post op.

My question/concern is now on day 3 post op I'm having really bad pain on the sole of my foot. Honestly I feel scared there is another issue. And I'm down right panicking.

Can you tell me if this is normal after fasciotomy surgery? Has anyone ever experienced this? Pain on the sole of your foot after CECS surgery?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It's really hard to guess what another things happened to you except chronic extertional surgery. However, after x-ray this can be ensure and take the necessary steps. However, what's your doctor saying?

• Posted

I haven't had a follow up from my surgery yet. The dr told my husband the nerve was pink. Like it was angry (Which I've never heard that. Doesn't mean it's not true I've just never heard that). He also said the peroneal nerve or the common peroneal nerve sat on a bone so he translocated it off the bone. He identified all the other nerves and their path along with the hernia which wasn't as big as he thought. He performed the 4 compartment Fasciotomy.

As soon as I came out of surgery the dr asked me if I could feel a difference in my pain. I told him I couldn't tell yet b/c I was having surgical pain. So now that I'm a week out from surgery I keep looking for a shift in my pain. My surgical pain is better but I'm not sure yet about my nerve pain.

I'm just nervous and scared! I just want to walk again and enjoy life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.