Constipation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Morning all,

Not the nicest of subjects but it is a reality and would appreciate some advice. 

Last 6/7 weeks horrendous constipation

Visited Doctor about 4 or 5 times (lost count) and have been prescribed Lactolouse (excuse spelling on this post), Movicol (powder to dissolve in water), Senna, and suppositeries. But to no avail. Been about 4 times during this time but not completely empty and only liquid (said it wasn't pleasant) , if you know what I mean. 

Stomach distended and very painful. Nausea feeling. 

Ended up in A and E this morning as stomach was so distended and painful cramps with spasams. 

After a brief exam, doctor just adivsed to carry on with medication prescribed!! I was discharged, after only being in the unit from triage 30mins. I was so desperate and would not have attended if I had not felt that they would just say "carry on". 

My question is, How long is someone expected to suffer before someone will actually do anything? And of course the main question "What can I do?"  Feel I have tried everything over the weeks already. Diet change, reduced caffeine increased fruit etc

Thank you

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Have to tried increasing fiber in your diet ... includes

Oatmeal - 1-2 cups

vegetables - 2-3 cups 

fruits 2-3 cups, 

.... etc. 

• Posted

Ahi thinking thru all you posted. A diet of fresh veggies, drink lots ofvWATER and don't eat out or boxed foods. Fix your own foods. Also keep a journal.,eat plenty of fruits and veggies protien shakes .,it's a change in life style and healthy foods .

• Posted

I feel anything try giving yourself an enema for instant relief! They usually have the disposable ones available at pharmacys or drugstores. The brand is fleet! You just hold in the liquid in your rectum for 5 minutes tops while laying on your left side and you'll have the urge to go to the bathroom. You will definitely go though, I've had one done when I need help going and it's been about a week or so xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.