Esyme finished, prolapse and bladder repair worried fibroids will come back and undo surgery

Posted , 5 users are following.

Had tvt and prolapse repair after 2nd round of esyme, fibroids have shrunk to nothing but I'm scared they will come back and undo my surgery. My consultant said to leave fibroids and just deal with the prolapse and bladder as Esyme has worked but I'm just worried they will grow back. They are the cause of my problems in the first place, as well as a difficult delivery of my only child

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kelly Dont worry keep regular checks on them, you can have up to 12 months of Esmya, also other different drugs like Zoladex to shrink alternatively UFE

• Posted

Hi. Research foods to avoid that feed fibroids. Like soya products and phyto oestrogen's. I believe from reading comments on here that it is best to avoid them. I was taking then to combat menopause symptoms not realising I was feeding my fibroids! 

I stopped using them a few months ago and hoping results of my recent scan (10 days ago) will show they have stopped growing. 

Hope you are recovering well. 

• Posted

Hi thank you for your commment, I do avoid soya and will look at other things also. They have shrunk to pretty much zero from the bigger being 13cm so I need to keep them way to void undoing my prolapse and bladder repair surgery. Thank you
  • Posted

Your age is a major factor.  Fibroids will usually come back in younger women but are less likely in older perimenopausal women.  The placement of fibroids is also a factor in whether or not they can be removed.  Not all fibroids can be removed.  I have 2 out of 3 that can't be removed because they are inside the walls of my uterus.

• Posted

Yes mine are also in the lining of the back of my womb, my consultant says to leave them and therefore I've had the prolapse repair and tvt so don't want them coming back

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.