Dry mouth and throat virus

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a dry mouth and lump in throad for two months can't eat or swallow and it feels like om being choked. Can't take much more of this

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

omg havent you seen a dr, you really should, if not at least go to a pharmacist at a chemist. hope you get sorted soon 
  • Posted

The most common causes of lumps in the neck include swollen lymph glands or an enlarged thyroid gland.

If they dont go away in 1-2 weeks then it should be checked out by your GP.

• Posted

Gail was not talking about lumps in neck but lumps in throat.They are not the same.
  • Posted

I have the same thing for over a year saw an ENT who said I have LPR and have been given Prilosec 20 mg twice a day it helped at first and no longer helps.A Gastro Dr also said I have LPR and gave me a proscription for a medicine I can't get in the USA and I ordered it from Canada.I hope it's not LPR you have as it is very hard to cure.There is an operation for it but it is only successful 65% of the time.

• Posted

LPR (laryngopharyngeal reflux disease) does not cause lumps in throat
    • Posted

If you have it it feels like you have a lump in your throat when you swallow according to both the ENT Dr. I saw and the Gastro Dr.That was on of the symptoms of LPR.
    • Posted

Feeling like .. ok .. but not an actual lump, is it ? 
    • Posted

Read her next post she said it feels like something is stuck in her throat.For you to rule out possible LPR is doing her a disservice.That's one of the symptom's of LPR.This forum is to help each other out.LPR doesn't cause lumps it throat it just feel's like you have one when you swallow like she said.

• Posted

True, i said that because there is difference in feeling like a lump and really having one in reality. 
    • Posted

When I said LPR is a possiblity you posted LPR doesnt cause lumps in throat.One of the main symptoms of LPR is trouble swallowing with a feeling of a lump in throat.Another symptom is shortness of breath both of which she has.So your post did a disservice to her.
    • Posted

LPR still does not cause lumps in the throat, only a feeling of having one. 

Thanks

• Posted

No its in my throat feels like sometging is stuck every time I eat I'm having to eat baby food

• Posted

That is a symptom of LPR you feel like something is in your throat when you swallow.If it is about 80% can be cured with 2 a day PPI's for about 2 months.

• Posted

The hospital did an endoscopy and couldn't find anything but it feels like someone is pushing on my wind pipe and I can't breath eat solids or swallow it's so uncomfortable. I have had the flu since November but surely it should of gone by now. It's scary and I'm worried

• Posted

Did you see an ENT or Gastro Dr.A EGT will only show inflammation around the vocal cords with LPR.The chances are you don't have it.But it is something you should ask your doctor about if they can't find out what it is.One other sympotom of LPR is a shortnest of breath at times.At times I have a shortness of breath just doing nothing.But can walk on treadmill with no trouble.With LPR the acid coming up in your throat causes a shortness of breath.If you have trouble breathing all the time it's probably not LPR.

• Posted

You also said here... that chances are that its not LPR, and its the same thing I said before. 

But we are not physicians , so the best thing is for her to get it checked, 

Thanks 

• Posted

No it's not what you said you said LPR doesn't cause lumps in throat.You ruled out LPR.That's why you did a disservice to her.

Thanks

• Posted

And you also did the same disservice when you said that you said this : 

"chances are thats its not LPR" 

So as per your your own words, we said the same thing.

Thanks 

• Posted

Chances are thats its not LPR doesn't rule it out.Her symptoms suggest LPR.

• Posted

And when I said that she has feeling of lumps in the throat but not real lumps in the throat, also does not mean that that I have ruled out LPR

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.