Sertraline to mirtazapine??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anybody else been on sertraline prior to mirtazapine? After 5/6 years on sertraline I've had enough of the lack of emotion and feeling like I'm just serving rather than living. I spoke to my doctor today and he has told me to wean myself from 150mg to 50mg as quick as I comfortably can so I can start to cross taper. Just wondered what other people's experience are...?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I am transitioning to mertazapine. Taking both at moment

The mertazapine had an immediate better impact

It made me feel positive and energised and I slept brilliantly

However mertazapine comes with the curse of weight increase side effects. If sertraline works it's a decision you need to think on

I have never felt then need for a 2am binge until I took mertazapine. It needs will power as apparently your will burn less fat and want to eat more

• Posted

Hi, thanks for you reply. I'm hoping to feel the same once I start the mirtazapine. I have actually put nearly 5 stone on since starting sertraline! Well just over 6 if you count the 1.5 stone I lost during my high anxiety over Xmas and new year. I have been having the 2am binges for years now, I was hoping the the mirtazapine would stop that...only time will tell!

• Posted

Good luck . Please do let me know how it's going. I am all over the place on what path to take.

I am meant to be back at work in a week but I am doing a going job of going back to square one with trying to get to one drug

I stopped sertraline but went into high anxiety mode so panic struck and I took it again. Last night I decided to not take mertazapine instead. Couldn't sleep so found a zopiclone tablet. I am doing everything wrong and making crazy snap decisions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.