Peri menopause symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi sorry to bring the mood down on a Friday night but does anybody suffer from an upset tummy ie...diarrhea? It seems to be happening every month and can sometimes be a close call 😮😮😮😮

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lynsey,

I had this for a few reasons. Even as a young woman, just before my period, I would poop a lot! Sometimes diarrhea; but always a real   emptying. Even now, that's one of the indicators my period is coming. I make plans to spend the day at home. 

Perhaps related to perimenopause,  46 I developed a gluten intolerance. (Some very smart person on this site recommended I google the connection between histamine and estrongen. It is amazing!) It's not Celiac, it's a food allergy.

With the gluten intolerance, before I realized that's what it was, my episodes of diarrhea were a very close call! There were times I had to drop my elderly dog's leash and run home so that I didn't have an accident--even though I was less than 100 yards from the house. I had very bad bloating and constant bubbling in my guts. 

So you are not alone with this! 

• Posted

Oh my yes! I am post menopausal. I haven't had a period since November 2010. Buty symptoms didn't start until 2014. They come and go and are different. You go nuts because you're sure you have some dread disease and it can be hormonal. But it usually is. I have always had tummy issues, even when I was much younger. But since the tummy has estrogen receptors in it, there have been all kinds of tummy issues. I hope it passes soon, for both of us.

• Posted

Yep, me too. You are not alone. Before peri, my gut always tended to the slow side, so this is a (relatively) new thing for me.
  • Posted

Lynsey

Try adding a probiotic supplement daily. I stopped having tummy issues once I started taking one daily. It also helps boost your immune system. It takes a little time to see the difference but it does work. There are different brands but all do same thing. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.