Any1 take lithium & wellbutrin together??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I have bipolar .. Iv been on lithium 4 years & a number of antidepressant. . The lithium has worked wonders with the high side of the illness but I suffer more on than off with severe depression. Iv tried all that is suited with lithium but none have suited me. Mirtazapine, venlafaxine, for the 2nd time, olanzapine & sirtraline for the 3rd time I get unbelievable side effects from them All. Iv now been given a small dose of risperidone to stop the suicidal thoughts .. the pdr wnt precribe prozac or citrolpram so there is anymore I can try. Feel like a lost cause thanks to te nature of the pdr. Iv been researching online & see wellbutrin has been prescribed to some.. I asked a year ago & there was no chance it would ever be licensed here they said (uk) it's an American drug. Il be most grateful for any input what so ever.. I so need to start living again.. not just an existence.. x

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sharon 

See how you get on with Citalopran and see how you get on.

I thought Welbutrin had been presribed in the UK, You could check on the Drug through the NICE web page they might be able to help or advise

BOB

• Posted

Hi i was diagnosed with bipolar a few years ago but had more depressed days than highs. The lithium made me very depressed and i came off it. I still have a few high days but the doctor increased my antidepressants which helped for a while but then they stopped working. I am currently just starting sertraline but not holding out much hope that they will work. Have you tried lofrapamine? 

Alison

• Posted

Hi Alison thanks for your input the lithium suits me fine .. my depression is much worse than highs too. Had it from a very young age highs started in my 20s. Iv tried sertraline 3times now I hate it.. this is my 3rd day of wellbutrin iv had no side effects & actually happy to get out of bed for a change. No iv never heard of that .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.