My doctor has started me on beta blockers 10mg

Posted , 2 users are following.

My doctor started me on 10mg beta blockers, 2 times a day because of my panic attacks , I get really bad paniC attacks it feels like I have one every day

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I've been given the same and I feel really dizzy and tired on them. Do you get this too ?

• Posted

I felt the same way , my doctor took me of them and started me on DISZEPAM best medication I've been on .

• Posted

Yeah I've been taking them since Friday and only had my morning tablet and by mid day I felt so dizzy and looked pale to the point where I felt the need to go to a pharmacy and ask if it was normal. I still feel tired now and spaced out. I don't think I'm going to take anymore until I see my doctor again in three weeks time. He's put me on anti depressants to help with the panic so I'll still take them.

• Posted

Anti depressants didn't seem to help me they made me feel the same way beta blockers did , they make you feel awful , just be careful of the side affects

• Posted

I think maybe the best thing to do is to stop taking both of them ? How I'm feeling now may be the anti depressants?

• Posted

I felt the same way on both , of you still taking them they make you feel a bit worse for a while , if they aren't helping you you need to talk to your doctor about another medication ..

• Posted

Okay thanks so much for your help Tanya ! I think I'm going to lay of the beta blockers only take them when I need them to calm me down. And carry on with the citalopram but take them at night so it doesn't affect me at work x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.