Diverticulitis flare

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I’m in the middle of a flare and on antibiotics bad pain on left side all day

Yesterday but today it’s on the right anyone else experience this and feeling

really unwell.  Can anyone help frown

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thomas,I also have my pain on my right hand side,I have now on my 6th week of bleeding and diarrhoea,(why I've had to wait this long I don't know) must phone consultants secretary on Monday for urgent appointment.i am also feeling very ill and so tired,I am so sorry I can't really offer you a quick solution but hopefully we can both get through it.🙋😩😢

• Posted

Thanks Patricia, i'm glad you told me that because it's been worring me because the first time i ended up in A&E the Dr there said she though I had appendicitis. another lady told me she get it the right also frown

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

my pain is on the left side and back all the time. Don't think there's much else I can take for it, but if I still feel bad in the middle of the week I'll try and see my GP (again) and see what they can do. 😳

• Posted

The best suggestion I have for pain is a heating pad or hot water bottle. Be careful not to burn yourself.  I would also consult the dr. and see if he has any suggestions for pain. I live in the US and my doc recommended an over the counter product called IB Guard which is essentially peppermint oil.  Again check with your doc.
  • Posted

afraid not we all seem be the same, wish i could help you
  • Posted

Seems like there is no magic cream or tablets for It. Not had a very good day with it just taken my Paracetamol in soluble form as I think they work quicker.
  • Posted

Hi Thomas. After suffering from pain for several weeks following a flare, I visited my GP who prescribed peppermint oil capsules. I've been taking them for 3 weeks and haven't even taken one paracetemol. It may not be a magic cure but is certainly worth a try.

• Posted

Think I will have a Google and see where I can get some from. This flare up is one of the worst I've had 😞. Probably makes anyone who has one fed up.

• Posted

I believe they are available over-the-counter in the UK. I also like the fact that they aren't drugs. Some people seem to get a measure of relief from peppermint tea.

• Posted

Found them in several shops and seem a fair price for the 200mg ones and as you say they are over the counter. I do take peppermint tea and find it does help me as well. 
  • Posted

Hi Thomas, My doctor told me most people have pain on either the right or left however mine was in the center and very low and spread to both sides.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.