Natural remedies

Posted , 10 users are following.

Must gallstones be operated what of natural remedies to take care of it

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Margaret

I cant say i have come accross anything natural. And i did do some reading up on it when i had gallstones last year.

Unfortunatley i wäs sufféing so much even after living virtually on plain yogurt for a couple of months even though i had no appetite... That i went down the gallbladder removal route as i was losing so much weight through not eating.

If you do find something make sure that it cant do any harm to pancreas as that is closley connected with gall bladder .

Good luck and i hope you find the answers xx 

• Posted

Hi Margaret,

You can probably prolong surgery with diet but sadly eventually it caused too much pain.

• Posted

Hi, Margaret,

Lots of folks who are selling natural remedies are certainly willing to tell you that what they're marketing will fix gallstones. They wont.  Some people who carefully follow a diet they've painstakingly crafted for themselves have been able to postpone gallbladder surgery, but not indefinitely..

Once the body starts to produce gallstones, it will continue.  The point is that the gallbladder becomes diseased, and once diseased, it needs to be removed.  

While there are prescription medications that purporte to dissolve gallstones, it requires a long course of treatment with accompanying side effects, and no guaranty that it will work.

Gallstones can lodge in ducts and cause injury and pain.  Gallstones can fill the gallbladder and interfere with its function until its walls become thickened.  The gallbladder can rupture.  It may also fuse to adjacent organs, such as the liver and even become cancerous.

Though the prospect of surgery is frightening, in my opinion, once the symptoms become obvious, it's best to remove the organ.  

I was diagnosed with gallstones at around 45 years of age.  Because I had few symptoms, I ignored them.  At age 58, when my gallbladder started to malfunction, I lived for a year and a half with nausea, pain and diarreha before I could find a surgeon to remove it. Because I couldn't eat, I lost over 30 pounds.  I took so much time off because of the unbearable symptoms that I almost lost my job.

Others' opinions will probably differ from mine.  But I say, best to get it out while you are still feeling relatively well and can recover from surgery with few complications.  

• Posted

Natural remedies = your own diet. That's about all you can really do to control the symptoms of a cruddy gallbladder.

Good advice above from Lynda. The younger/fitter/ you are, the easier/quicker you'll bounce back from the surgery.

And pain is just one symptom of a bad gallbladder. There are other digestive issues that can disrupt your whole body in a way.

• Posted

Hi Margaret

Not all gallbladders must come out because of stones.  I found out a few years ago that my gallbladder is completely full of stones but I have never had any pain with it.  80% of people have silent stones that cause no problems.  If you start having attacks with it, then it will be time to get it out, otherwise leave it alone.

• Posted

I have been trying to fix myself nutritionally and with herbs and a naturopath for months whilst waiting just to see a specalist. I refuse to do the flush as read its a scam and the so called stones that flush are actually a product of the oil and juice, however despite trying everything else, I am getting worse, now living on chicken and rice and a little cooked veg and lost 13kg, I am loosing food groups still and weight as well as return of symptoms I had supressed with diet and increase in discomfort and aches which I hadnt started with ( mine started with IBS and then GERD) so I dont think in reality, if your gallbladder is pretty sick, that other methods help.
    • Posted

This all started in July or therabouts for me, GERD in September and have lost the 13kg since October! been seeing the nauropath since October, so have been trying for months whislt I still wait for the specalist appointment.
  • Posted

I have the weekend been hospitalised with gallstones which keeps giving me severe attacks and infections. I was treated for acute cholecystitis just the beginning of January. This weekend after having the drs visit, they have assured me that visiting the hospital was not a silly thing to do when battening with gallstones. I am due next week to have surgery and have been having problems for almost 2 years now. After many things from changing my diet to finding what pain relief helps I was finally diagnosed only 6 weeks ago with gallstones. Many people have them and never know. I found it extremely hard to find natural things to help. The dr stated to me that every person is different and some may be able to make lifestyle changes which improves things altogether. In other cases, it doesn't work at all for some people. Sadly I fall into that category and no amount of changing diet or even pain relief had helped. I can't offer advice on natural remedies as such, but to remember that if problems persist then please see a medical professional. I was misdiagnosed for years and suffered so so much! Only you know your body so do what's best for you. Best wishes

• Posted

Any natural remedies you read about on the internet can be VERY dangerous. Trying to "flush" gallstones can cause one to get stuck in the bile duct and cause pancreatitis. Diet is only a temporary fix. Once you have gallstones, they continue to come back until the gallbladder is removed. I know surgery is scary, but it really is NOT that bad with the technology these days.

• Posted

hi margaret for the longest time i drank a vinegar and water or juice mix; added a little honey.  Did that for a long time; I think it might have minimized the symptoms but ultimately I needed surgery.  It did help the nausea in the morning.  I also went to the healthfood stores and bought tinctures and supplements (GallstoneX).  I thought the stones would dissolve or I would pass them but it didn't happen.  I do believe in natural products before I head to the medical profession.  Good luck; google the condition and I think you will find lots of info about natural treatment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.