My prostate size is 35 grams but irritation is far bigger

Posted , 8 users are following.

I wake up at night to pass urine for 4 times in eight hour sleep. The most worrying thing for me is lower back and on the right side back pain which sometimes apprehended me of kidney problem but my RFT is normal . Sometimes I walk like 4 miles and no pain and sometimes a little window shopping walk make me bothersome to even stand and then I quickly find some place to sit to ease my lower back pain. Is it urine in the tubes that make me intolerable to stand any more or what . Please help

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Urine retention can give you serious kidney problems.
    • Posted

The problem is urologist says not to drink much water and if I don't drink enough water crystals generate in kidneys secondly outflow of urine is bad . Either way is a problem

• Posted

"water crystals generate in kidneys"  First of all, no expert here, but your complaint sounds like an issue of "tophaceous gouty arthritis," and I could definitely be wrong on this one.  It was your use of the word crystals that gave me a moment of puase.  "Tophi" are actually uric acid, angular crystals.  The etiology isn't known, but these crystals often settle in the big toe.  I hear tell that an attack of gout can be so excruciatingly painful that even a sheet draped over the foot causes pain.  Secondarily, they can settle in the kidney - not ... good.  A simple uric acid (blood) test will confirm it, if you have it.  And if you have it, you'll take a maintenance drug called "Allopurinol" (Brand: Zyloprim).  The drug is well tolerated.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

I took Uric acid test it was a bit higher than normal like 1 point higher. I took medicine but the back pain remained the same secondly there is no pain in the tow or foot thumb which is a general indication of raised uric acid.
  • Posted

After a digital rectal exam ( DRE ) my uro said my prostate  was 35 - 50 cc. CT scan sat 120cc. Dont trust the DRE
    • Posted

Are you serious ? I dont believe this ? May be an error of few cc's here and there, but an error of 70cc sounds something went wrong.

My urologist did a DRE and told me my prostate is 23cc. But i have lot of urinary symptoms. If what you are saying is true then im all confused.

• Posted

My 3 uros said 30 -50 give or take a little which they said was relatively small.. I heard this for a year. I kept asking for an accurate size since the CT scan had exsisted since the beginning time of prostatye problems. They couldn't be bothered to go the extra mile and get facts from radiologist. Finally sent CT scans to DR K ( the DR that did j12080 FLA procedure) He said it was ~ 120 cc or grams ( I don't remember the units  wink Another fellow on here was just saying his ultrasound size was off by quite a margine also. 

I will say I always found it had to believe it was 30 - 50 because it causes me quite a lot of pain and problems.

Who knows, your uro could be spot on with his estimate. I'm just telling my story.

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery, be sure to ask questions and don't take anything at face value. My first uro tried to rush me into a TURP procedure. 

• Posted

I was actually kind of disappointed when he told me he will do an ultrasound, but when it happened i realized he put the ultrasound stick within my ass and just sort of moved it around my prostate, and then said 23cc. 

I felt as if this was not very scientific at all. I am going to do my research on CAT scan to get the exact size.

thanks for your help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.